x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cant log in to yahoo mail with jornada 680

mabuhay Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 5:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried searching to this problems in forums but I keep on getting errors

I've had my 680 for years and I am using wifi to browse the net

My problem is that I cant log-in to any site that requires a username and password

Is there a way for me to use my Jornada 680 to access gmail or Yahoo mail?

TIA
 Top of the page
GadgetGonzales Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 6:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

get a mobilepro 900C, it can do both and more. the 680 is just so limited.
 Top of the page
Deedee
Deedee Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 6:40 AM
#
Have you applied the 128-bit SSL Add-on for Pocket Internet Explorer version 3.0? You can find it on this site under H/PC Professional at this link :

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/

Top of the page
mabuhay Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 7:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

@deedee
that I have not tried yet ..thanks
 Top of the page
Deedee
Deedee Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 8:43 AM
#
Hope it helps

Another place to check for any updates you might need is the H/PC Update on this site.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/

And of course HP's Support site:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=59950&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=3&submit.x=10&lang=en&cc=us
 Top of the page
mabuhay Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 10:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

@Deedee
thanks again...
 Top of the page
liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-12-08 2:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, Mabuhay, I own a Jornada 680 and I can access my Yahoo account ... with its limitations, of course

As they told you here, be sure you've installed the 128 bit encryption for HPC Pro patch, as well as the Service Pack for Win CE 2.11. Follow the links they give you here or go to www.hp.com, browse for Jornada 680 and then to Downloads or Support. There are some patches you should install (via serial cable and Active Sync 3.8) to your Jornada. Active Sync 3.8 is only downloadable from HPC:Factor .

Open Pocket IE or other browser you use, type www.yahoo.com (or click it from my Favorites list in Pocket IE if you have it) and when page opens, click on "My Mail". When the next page opens go down and left a little bit and you'll see the 2 boxes for the login & password. Type them in and wait for the page to open. Now look for the links Inbox, Sent.. etc." and click on Inbox to see the list of emails received.

You'll be able to:
- Read only those emails which were written directly in the yahoo mail letter box or attached as txt, jpg and gif files (look for "My attached files" link). I have not tested whether one could open Pocket Word (pwd), Word 97, P-Power Point (ppt) or P-Excel (pxl) attached files.
- Select and erase mails (click the left box first) or erase the whole recycle bin.

You will NOT be able to:
-Open attached files with extensions like doc, pps, xls, wmf, asp and others.
- Forward and reply: buttons appear Inactive.
-Write and send a mail (I tried going to Contacts, clicking one of them and writing the mail, but unfortunately the Send button is inactive).

I haven`t tested either to configure my Yahoo acount in the Pocket Outlook, I configured it with other acccont and it works well (also with limitations but I least I can read most mails, write messages and attach files).

Good luck!

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11