x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

help with ce 5.0 based navigation device

newtothis
newtothis Page Icon Posted 2007-12-07 6:56 PM
#
hi, i'm not sure if i'm even in the right community for this, but i am having problems with a ce 5.0 based portable navigation device. i received it for testing with different navigation softwares, but all i received was the hardware.

when i try to connect it (USB) to an xp computer the found new hardware wizard pops up and i can't get it installed (no driver disk and can't find any generic drivers). when i take it to a vista computer it is recognized by vista and is installed as a mobile device. i can then access the internal memory of the device, but when i try to copy a file(s) to the desktop i get an error that states that the file(s) cannot be found. this does not happen to all files however. I want to back these files up because the software company we will be sending the device to will most likely clear the space for their use. if anyone has any info that could help me either get it connected to the xp machine, or to copy the files from the internal memory on the vista one, it would be greatly appreciated.

i already check the hardware manufacturers website, but it is outdated and the hardware we are using is not even listed. i am competent with computers (os, networking, hardware) but mobile devices are very new to me so don't rule out that i am doing something stupid.

thanks on advance guys/gals
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-09 11:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

xp probably needs activesync..

if you are trying to copy system files in rom in \windows folder, half of them will get copied, the other half won't, don't even bother with that. if the company wants to erase the OS that's their problem.
 Top of the page
newtothis
newtothis Page Icon Posted 2007-12-10 12:01 PM
#
yeah the first thing i did was install the latest version of active sync. we have requested xp drivers but i haven't heard anything yet. that's true about the OS files though, they need them as well, i guess i was just being cautious.

thanks for the reply.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8