x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Video Player onHP J680

gregart_2000 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-09 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Windows Media Player v1.2 (found here) works great and plays MP3s and WMAs great considering the tiny under-belly speaker, but any suggestions for a decent Video Player would be appreciated. Tried a few, but either were not complete distros (TCPMP), very limited FPR and more like a slide show or made for other/newer devices.

Thanks,
Greg
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-09 10:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You're being charitable about the sound quality on the 680 - it's pretty bad.

TCPMP will work fine, but you need the plugins that are available alongside it as well. You also need to use a low framerate to get decent video quality - I'd recommend no more than 8-10 fps. You can optimize a video file for your H/PC using a converter program on your PC such as DVD Catalyst:

http://www.dvdcatalyst.com/

Edited by CE Geek 2007-12-09 10:35 PM
 Top of the page
gregart_2000 Page Icon Posted 2007-12-10 2:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah, you're right... the speaker starts to rattle and shake at any level beyond 2.

Thanks much, I'll give that a try.

Greg
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-10 2:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you would be willing, I would be interested in knowing what the DVD Catalyst screen rating for the 680 is (I have the 690's, and theoretically it should be identical). If you would be willing to help (it only takes a couple of minutes) please let me know.

TCPMP is about the best you are going to get for the device.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9