x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Media Player 1.2 HPC

Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 1:19 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Alrighty...It seems that I need Windows Media Player 7.1 in order to convert files to play on the HPC BUT I have XP which means that won't work. It also seems like there is a patch for Media Player 9, but where is it? I can't find the download link for it though it is supposedly called wme9-hpc-profiles.zip I currently have version 10 installed on my host PC. Will this work or should I install version 9? Thanks for your help with this patch.
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 4:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

R Hlo? Over 40 views but no responses? Would it help if I said please?
 Top of the page
liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 10:10 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, did you have a look at http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0079.asp ?
When installing WMP 1.2 in your HPC you're asked to overwrite a file named ATADISK.dll . This article recommends to overwrite it ONLY if you have WMP 7.0 or 7.1 in your host PC.

I've got WMP 1.2 installed , and I can listen to wma files in my J680 (Frequency=44 kHz and bitrate=128 kbps). Experts here in HPC factor can help you better than me .

I once tried to convert songs to mp3 files so I could listen to them in my Jornada but I didn't know which parameters to use Anyway I'm not dying for it since sound quality in J680 is very bad (perhaps it was designed for listening to low background music at night? )

Regards
Liligis

Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 10:41 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks...I did see that link before I installed and did NOT overwrite the dll...like I said, I found information about a patch and the name of the file is listed, but not the download link

....nevermind...duh..the link for the download was hiding in plain site......downloading now. Hope this works

Edited by Sasquatch 2007-12-14 11:39 PM
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 12:27 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

OKay well once I actually noticed the file and downloaded Windows Media Encoder everything works great. Wish I'd known that the headphone jack is apparently mono before I went to all that trouble though! Sound quality isn't great...not an appreciable difference on what I sampled between 64 and 128bit...oh well...that'll just save room I guess.
 Top of the page
liligis
liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-12-15 5:31 PM
#
Ok, I'm glad you solved the problem, I dibn't have to install any other program or patch to use WMP 1.2 in my machine. What exactly this encoder does or solves?

I'll try one of these weekends to convert files to mp3 to be able to listen to them in my Jornada.

Thanks
Liligis

Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 3:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Here's what I found I needed...

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0068.asp
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 3:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As C:Amie says, this ain't just a forum site. Glad you found what you needed - and even gladder that you called others' attention to it.
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 3:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I've been haunting this site off and on for about two years now and everyone is always very helpful. I don't have the know how or experience of most of those on the site, but people are patient with me.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10