x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3 problems on Sigmarion III

woodleg Page Icon Posted 2007-12-16 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

1rst: on the game Redshift The Quest, There is no sound. I use GAPI 4.0, with it all is ok, but I found no solution. There is no problem, with Warfare 1.2, or with Age of empire.

2nd: with my IODATA WN-G54 36 seconds are necessary to load HPFactor's page. With my HTC TyTN only 13 seconds is necessary, and the card wifi is an IEEE 802.11b. Is there a possibility to increase the rate on my Sigmation III.

3th: when I want to download a file, I can't, and at the end the message appears "Download could not complete".
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-16 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

umm, 36 seconds? something is clearly wrong. how much junk did you place in RAM?
and 3th again sounds like a screwed up setup.
 Top of the page
woodleg Page Icon Posted 2007-12-16 1:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Program memory 7.48MB/47.9MB
Storage memory 8.92MB/15.8 MB

List of programs
Sigmarion III MUI Translation
NTT Sigmarion III update
NTT Sigmarion III Messenger update
WinCESoft GAPI
IO DATA WN-G54CF
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-16 4:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i hope the wifi driver is installed to ram..

btw opera mobile 8.60 literally flies on the thing
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-12-16 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Now bear in min I identify PIE as IE6 on XP...

The very first load of HPC factor when nothing is in the cache at all is about 34 seconds for me as well. Now once the files are in cache it is only about 8seconds per page after that. My 11b card was about the same (if not slightly slower).

My Driver is on SD and so is the IE cache (I find my sig runs better with everything on the SD card, It's a fast SD card though).

Memory for me is Storage 2688 in use 1820 and program 62504 in use 6448 and I think most of the 6448 is the MUI. I think you will notice a massive speed up from making more program memory available I noticed a huge speedup on mine.

The thing with downloads is identical for me and was also the same on my 11b card (every download gets to 99% then errors) I use EzDownload for all my downloads and have no problems with that.

Cmonex: Yeah I look forward to opera when I can eventually get my mits in redgear

John..

Edited by mr-mac 2007-12-16 5:55 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-16 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i wish i could get isotherm to release the ws2.dll for sig3, that's all opera needs to work on it.

p.s.: i never had a problem with downloads in IE on sig3

Edited by cmonex 2007-12-16 7:32 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 5:09 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2007-12-17 12:32 AM

i wish i could get isotherm to release the ws2.dll for sig3, that's all opera needs to work on it.

p.s.: i never had a problem with downloads in IE on sig3

Just a thought, seems obvious, but could isotherm not allow us to pre-order redgear for the price he is planning to sell it for? Then provide the ws2.dll file to the ones who pre-order it? That way he protects his revenue for redgear and gives us a nice little Christmas present (as I can see him being worried a lot of people may not order it if they have opera)

Always had the IE download issue on Sig3 regardless of wheather I had installed loads of stuff first, if it was fresh after a hard re-set with only wi-fi drivers which wi-fi card I was using or anything... Still as I say EzDownload works nicely and can copy straight to SD

John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 6:04 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i'll ask him. good idea
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2007-12-17 11:04 AM

ok i'll ask him. good idea

No problems both of us mentioning it but I also already posted on the alpaxo forum...

John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

fine, next time tell me before i waste my time
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-12-20 5:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2007-12-17 11:45 PM

fine, next time tell me before i waste my time

looks like it's a no go anyway... Kirk said he wanted to release a full package as he though realeasing part of it would encourage people copying the .dll file and doesn't want to support the same type of app hacking that caused the netfront order.

As I said on his forum I am getting to the stage where the browsing speed on the Sig3 is become a major problem and I think I am just going to look for another device.

Now if only I can find somthing like the Sig3 that runs a later version of CE (at least 4.2 - If anyone has any ideas then shout now). Either that or if Jax replies on the thread in the linux section and I can get flash roms Hopefully I can just install CE4.2 and problem solved as opera will run.

John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-20 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

same type of hacking as netfront? simply placing a dll on your device doesn't violate any EULAs.

it is a shame you'd only need this ws2 to keep your sig3 (hopefully. i'm really amazed at the speed opera runs at).. i'll try to convince isotherm somehow..
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-12-20 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2007-12-20 9:28 PM

same type of hacking as netfront? simply placing a dll on your device doesn't violate any EULAs.

it is a shame you'd only need this ws2 to keep your sig3 (hopefully. i'm really amazed at the speed opera runs at).. i'll try to convince isotherm somehow..

I'll probs keep sig3 as it took me a long time to find a device that would do office, music, video, email etc...etc... but I will have to find another solution to get faster an fuller browsing.

I think opera is fast not just because it is a well written bit of software but it caches well to storage card which makes the back button very fast indeed..

John
 Top of the page
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 3:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

cmonex: can you remember how you did this? i.e. how you made Opera 8.6 run on the Sig3 with just the ws2.dll installed? It seems there is problems with the full installation of Redgear 1.0, but perhaps if you can get Opera 8.6 to run with just this file it would be a big step upwards.

cmonex - 2007-12-20 4:28 PM

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11