x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Prism WiFi card not assigning IP via DHCP

Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 3:34 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Firstly, thanks to Dan who tried to walk me through all the ins and outs but in the end, there seems to be a problem. Maybe someone can help?

I purchased the WiFi card Dan made available with the PRISM chipset. I want to use it in my MP 770. Now, a friend of mine also has a 900C she is willing to sell me, but in the little bit of time I spent with it, I just like the 770 more (the calendar, actual programs instead of "viewers", negligible program launch speed difference, etc). Dan told me that she hadn't tested the card on the 770s, but helped me give it a shot.

I downloaded the CE 2.0 Network patch, the HPC Pro SP1 patch, a prism driver for 2.11, and have a copy of ministumbler all installed. The network settings are all set to acquire an address via DHCP. This has all been done and redone several times including hard resets between each go 'round.

Ministumbler easily spots the belkin router in my home as well as another router in the neighborhood and the prism driver will even eventually list itself as "associated" (though it can take a long time). Everytime though it will fail to acheive an address via DHCP. DHCP is enabled on the router w/no encryption.

Ideas? Advice? I haven't yet mounted the drivers into the 900C but I'd prefer not to have to buy this other machine if possible.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

er, the 900c has the same office as your 770, or better, with the office package i got from a hpc2000 rom.

calendar, that one is planned

anyway, i believe you used the wrong prism driver, because ce 2.11 is sensitive to which one you are using. can you point to it?

also a soft reset is probably needed to get the wifi working.

that reminds me, one of the problems with ce 2.11 is the poorer wifi support - the whole internet thing works much better on 900c

Edited by cmonex 2007-12-17 6:36 PM
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 9:23 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

FWIW, Dan just told me about your adoption of the office package..hooray. Here is the 2.11 driver I am using. I'm going to try to install on the 900C and see what happens (sounds like I might be buying this 900)
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-12-18 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2007-12-18 12:34 AM

anyway, i believe you used the wrong prism driver, because ce 2.11 is sensitive to which one you are using. can you point to it?

..he tried both the PRISM.HPC211MIPS.CAB and the PRISM.4000.CAB from the Prism Reference Drivers
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-18 7:12 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Alrighty, I loaded the driver into the 900C and it had connected faster then I could even bring up the screen to check the connection. Looks like I'm buying the 900C. Sooooo, I know I can't "get rid" of the viewers, but where can I lay my hands on this office package? Can I only upload what I want or do I have to do the whole thing? Of course it sounds like I'd be a fool not to upgrade to Cmonex v.2? What does that bring to the table?

Anybody wanna buy a 770? :-)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-19 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you can get rid of the viewers, you can delete them from the rom image and flash that rom.

and yeah, you'd be a fool not to do that

what it brings to the table is... http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/changelogv2_1.txt
be sure to read the second half too, that's the v1.0 changelog which tells you even more
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-19 10:24 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sounds great! Umm..how do I do it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-19 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well if you don't have bootloader 4.10 in NEC firmware info applet, send me an email (address listed on my site)
not PM please.

if you do have bootloader 4.10 then just go ahead and download the v2.0 rom package from my site and flash it

Edited by cmonex 2007-12-19 10:40 PM
 Top of the page
Sasquatch Page Icon Posted 2007-12-20 4:19 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks to Dan and Cmonex...I now have a 900C with working WiFI AND Cmonex v2...which by the way is a very large improvement over stock
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-12-20 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

U-R-Welcome
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.155 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9