x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows Ce device in network

eymen Page Icon Posted 2007-12-21 6:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

Before typing my question I want to apologise if this is not the right place to ask,but unfortunately I couldn't find any other topic related to my question.
Anyway,I have a pda for barcode reading which uses windows ce v5.0 and I want to be able to connect to the device from my network.I want to browse it from "My network places" but somehow i can't.
Problem is i'm going to freak out here because i can't find how to do it.Only way i can browse the device's content is ; connecting it with a usb cable and using active sync.
I would really glad if somebody answers me.

I hope that I could have explained my problem clear enough that you all can understand.Sorry about my English.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-12-21 7:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

It will help if you provided us with your PDA's model number and the expansion slot the PDA has.
 Top of the page
eymen Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

oh sorry about that;
Metrologic-OptimusPDA SP5700

and expansion; minisd card slot,r-uim card slot
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 5:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you established an ActiveSync partnership between the device and your PC? That's generally needed before you can communicate between the two over a WiFi network.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-12-22 5:23 PM
 Top of the page
eymen Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 6:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks for the reply but yes I have already tried that.

I only want to see this device in "my network places" as any other regular pc , somebody please help me??
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-22 11:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You can access the device's folders and files over the network using ActiveSync once you've made an ActiveSync connection over the wireless network, either by selecting "Explore" in the ActiveSync window on your PC, or by selecting "Mobile Device" in "My Computer" on the PC.

BTW, please pay attention to which forum you're viewing when you click on "New Thread." There is a forum here for CE 4.x .net/CE 5 devices; where you opened this thread (Handheld PC Professional) deals with CE 2.11 devices.
 Top of the page
eymen Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 7:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

First of all sorry about posting my question here instead of the right place.

I can access my files&folders only by making a connection with usb cable through activesync.By selecting Mobile Device in My computer.

But I want to see it in My Network Places" as if its a normal computer.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 3:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I took a look at the device online, and I see it has the core Windows CE interface screen. Look under Start -> Programs and see if there's a "Communication" menu. If so, look in that for the "ActiveSync" selection. Open this and select "Network Connection" in the dialog box that appears. This will initiate an ActiveSync connection over your WiFi network, and then you can view the device's contents in "Mobile Device" on the PC. I'm not aware of a way to make it visible in "My Network Places."

Edited by CE Geek 2007-12-23 4:05 PM
 Top of the page
eymen Page Icon Posted 2007-12-23 5:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks for the reply and attention, I will try that asap.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9