x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ive bricked my GPS

1 2 3 4
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok , have you been playing with the registry?? as this sounds the same as i did to mine.. Are you able to connect the gps to pc vir activesync?

If you can go to this link and download the unlock pack for Navgo SY885
go here

In the pack is a remote registry editor , install it to your desktop on your PC and connect GPS vir activesync then run remote registry editor.

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/init

look for key LAUNCH50

it should read LAUNCH50----FYLoader.exe

that starts the main menu when turning the gps on.If it isnt change to suit exit and reboot the gps.

This can be changed to FYLoader----explorer.exe to boot into winCE desktop also.. good luck

Edited by shoot 2008-01-03 10:48 PM
 Top of the page
barnes
barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 10:39 PM
#
sorry im not quite up to the computa jargan what is activesync? if i remove the sd card and use an sd reader i can get some files up
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

barnes - 2008-01-04 12:39 PM

sorry im not quite up to the computa jargan what is activesync? if i remove the sd card and use an sd reader i can get some files up

Activesync should be installed automaticly when you connect the GPS to the PC vir the USB cable you will then be able to explore the contents of the GPS
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

shoot - 2008-01-04 12:30 PM

Ok , have you been playing with the registry?? as this sounds the same as i did to mine.. Are you able to connect the gps to pc vir activesync?

If you can go to this link and download the unlock pack for Navgo SY885
go here

In the pack is a remote registry editor , install it to your desktop on your PC and connect GPS vir activesync then run remote registry editor.

go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/init

look for key LAUNCH50

it should read LAUNCH50----FYLoader.exe

that starts the main menu when turning the gps on.If it isnt change to suit exit and reboot the gps.

This can be changed to LAUNCH50----explorer.exe to boot into winCE desktop also.. good luck
 Top of the page
barnes
barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 11:05 PM
#
we tried to link the navgo to the computer but it come up with "canot install this hardware because the wizard canot find the nessacary software
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 11:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

barnes - 2008-01-04 1:05 PM

we tried to link the navgo to the computer but it come up with "canot install this hardware because the wizard canot find the nessacary software

get activesync from here

Ativesync 4.5
 Top of the page
Barnes
Barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 11:55 PM
#
so ive downloaded activesync but it still doesnt connect with the navgo. and now i cant open the link to the unlock pack.
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

so you installed activesync , then plug GPS into PC vir USB cable , the activesync icon on taskbar should turn green when connected if not try removing usb cable and plug in again if it dosnt connect then i would say you have one of the old units with winCE 4.2 and activesync does not work with 4.2.If thats the case send the unit back to be fixed/replace
 Top of the page
barnes
barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 12:08 AM
#
thanks for all your help. It not working so yea. thanks anyway.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

shoot - 2008-01-04 5:59 AM

and activesync does not work with 4.2.If thats the case send the unit back to be fixed/replace

not true, or you mean a specific PNA model here?
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-01-05 4:48 AM

shoot - 2008-01-04 5:59 AM

and activesync does not work with 4.2.If thats the case send the unit back to be fixed/replace

not true, or you mean a specific PNA model here?

Yes Cmonex ,we are talking about the Navgo SY885 PNA
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Shoot.....

Hello I'm new to this forum, but I know what cmonex is on about.
I have done a simular thing to my GPS and it also runs windows ce 5.0, except mine has a nice pic of a car on it.
the operating system is loaded on to the rom and it works simular to a bios on a normal computer.
The trick is to try to reinstall the operating system back onto the rom through the sdmmc card. In theory it can be done, but after a hell of a lot of searching through the net over the last three weeks, I cannot fin a program to do this.

I have emailed the supplier and the manifacturer with no luck.

All GPS's are basicly the same, except they run either wince 4.2 - 5.0 or in the case of tomtom I think it runs on linux (not sure)
What we need is an image of a rom running wince 5.0 some how and a program that will format the rom and reload the new image onto it.

Taking the battery out of the gps wont work because it is like a bios and the os is burnt into the rom.

If you could help both of us it would be good.

Geoff
Bruthen, Victoria. Australia.
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 11:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

geoffsta,
what have you done to your gps? and what is it or isnt it doing?
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Shoot......

I got my gps from a bloke in china off E-Bay.
as you would expect it came with no user manual for the product, only for the nav system.
After reading one or two forums I was convinced it was a navsoon running wince 4.2. (not the case)
On the forum there was an upgrade for 4.2 to change the os from chinese os to english an yfloader update (first mistake)
Then after that there was another file to reverse the first one. now a brick.

But after about 80 hours reading many other forums and a good play with the emmulater, around 4 gig of downloads and using activesync (till it stopped) I've got a good idea how it works, just haven't got the brains to fix it. After 11 years playing with computers and at one stage having a business in repairing them I'm at a loss. Give me a desktop or laptop or game console and I'll network them of fix them when they stuff up, but this is new to me.

Here are the true specs of what I have:
Key Specifications/Special Features:

CPU: SamSung ARM920T S3C2440A 300/400MHz
Operating System: Windows ce 5.0
Flash: 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB and 1GB
SDRAM: low power 64MB
LCD: LTV350QV-F04 and transmissive with micro reflective TFT display
Dimensions (H x V x D): 76.9 x 63.9 x 3.15mm
Resolution: 320 RGB x 240 pixels
250cd/m2
C/R: 3,006 LEDs backlight
USB: USB Client 1.1 and full-speed (12Mbps)
Mini slot with USB mass storage function or activeSync
UART: 3.3V TTL UART for GPS module
TSP: touch screen supported
SD: SD and multimedia card slot
Audio: mono 1W at 8 ohms or 2W at 4 ohms speaker stereo 20mW/32 ohms headphone
Button: menu power on/sleep volume up and volume down with key hold function hidden reset
Switch: battery switch
GPS receiver: module and antenna built-in
GPS: SiRF star III (optional) cold start: <42 seconds
Hot start: <1 second (open sky)
Warm start: <18 second
Battery: 1,100 to 1,600mAh/3.7V Lithium rechargeable battery
Charging current: 400 to 420mA
Charging: 5V DC power jack
AC adapter: 120/230V universal AC/DC adapter
Car adapter: 12V DC to 5V DC/2A
LED status: adapter plug-in and battery charging (red LED on and green LED off) adapter plug-in and battery full (red LED off, green LED on)
Video player: WMV9, MPEG-4, Divx 5.0, 4.0, 3.11, Xvid and MPEG-2 upto 320 x 240 resolutions
Supports .wmv, .asf and .avi file formats
Navigation software: third party
Photo viewer: JPG, GIF, BMP and PNG
E-book reader: TXT
System setting: backlight, date, time, volume, power, sysinfo
OS updated: via SD card
Logo updated: via SD card
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

geoffsta, it is not a "program"...

you 1) need to enter bootloader mode and select the option to flash from SD card (if it is standard uboot at all)
2) and of course get the rom image for your device, if the manufacturer has offered no updates then you have to dump the flash and recreate the image in the proper format.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10