x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ive bricked my GPS

1 2 3 4
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 1:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex.

Sounds good in theory.
1. Cant get into gps because it doesn't load to the point of being able to change anything. When turned on, the pic of a car shows up and that is it.
it use to open to the car, then brighten up then load the software. None of the buttons work anymore (drivers not loading) that is Menu, sleep and volume buttons, and usb activesync doesn't work either.

2. I don't have a bootloader file to place on the sd card I know if I could get one it may work, because when I put a file called yformat.fmt file on the card it comes up with -- SDMMC - update start and below that is -- Phase: erase flash, so there is a chance yet.

Any ideas?

Geoff.............
 Top of the page
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex.

Sounds good in theory.
1. Cant get into gps because it doesn't load to the point of being able to change anything. When turned on, the pic of a car shows up and that is it.
it use to open to the car, then brighten up then load the software. None of the buttons work anymore (drivers not loading) that is Menu, sleep and volume buttons, and usb activesync doesn't work either.

2. I don't have a bootloader file to place on the sd card I know if I could get one it may work, because when I put a file called yformat.fmt file on the card it comes up with -- SDMMC - update start and below that is -- Phase: erase flash, so there is a chance yet.

Any ideas?

Geoff.............
 Top of the page
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex.

Sounds good in theory.

Any ideas?

Geoff.............
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Soory about the three posts
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 1:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

geoffsta , sounds like you really have a brick!!! but if you think you have a Navgo sy885, it should only have ...vol wheel , soft reset and on/off switch and i havent yet been able to enter whats it called?? bootloader?
anyway if you know of a way of dummping the rom ,im happy to do it for you from mine "which runs winCE 5.0 english version" if that can help you out .
You sound far more experenced than me hope you work it out and dont forget to let us know how
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 2:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for that. I'll keep trying.

geoff
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 2:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

geoffsta - 2008-01-06 7:04 AM

Cmonex.

Sounds good in theory.

Any ideas?

Geoff.............

in theory? this is the only way you can do it (or run an updater from winCE but that also usually just hooks into bootloader. also, it is irrelevant whether the image is loaded via usb or from sd card etc).

you do not have to a bootable CE to do this. this is the great thing.

also i never said to place a bootloader file on your SD... image = OS image

anyway, i was not really following the thread. if someone has the *same* PNA model as you, they can try dumping the rom for you. look on my site for bkondisk and bksamsung nand dumper downloads - or on itsme's site.

but one last question... how did you brick the thing, exactly what did you do?

Edited by cmonex 2008-01-06 2:48 AM
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 4:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex.
I got my gps from a bloke in china off E-Bay.
as you would expect it came with no user manual for the product, only for the nav system.
After reading one or two forums I was convinced it was a navsoon running wince 4.2. (not the case)
On the forum there was an upgrade for 4.2 to change the os from chinese to english an yfloader update (first mistake)
Then after that there was another file to reverse the first one. now a brick.

One should not believe what he reads until one fully finds the truth (I should have that as a sign)

The bksamsung looks good, Ill give it a try...plus sorry for the image = os thing

Geoff
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 4:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

What did you mean in this quote??????

I tried bksamsung,,,,no go

Thanx for trying

Geoff
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 4:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah and i tried bkondisk
the command "prun" isnt found
 Top of the page
geoffsta Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 5:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi shoot

I hope cmonex isn't pulling his hair out.. this is a tricky one.
between the 3 of us we may work out a way of fixing this thing,,, or an address to a brick restorer in australia.
I found a bloke in Sydney on the web www.gpsoz.com.au. I'm going to email him tomorrow to see if he can fix it.
he has been on holiday.

Geoff
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 8:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

geoffsta - 2008-01-06 10:25 AM

Cmonex.
I got my gps from a bloke in china off E-Bay.
as you would expect it came with no user manual for the product, only for the nav system.
After reading one or two forums I was convinced it was a navsoon running wince 4.2. (not the case)
On the forum there was an upgrade for 4.2 to change the os from chinese to english an yfloader update (first mistake)
Then after that there was another file to reverse the first one. now a brick.

One should not believe what he reads until one fully finds the truth (I should have that as a sign)

The bksamsung looks good, Ill give it a try...plus sorry for the image = os thing

Geoff

if your OS doesn't boot you can't run bksamsung - you need another device (a kind soul who can spend 5 mins on this)

it would be nice to know exactly what you did though... you never erased the OS itself then?

geoffsta - 2008-01-06 10:42 AM

What did you mean in this quote??????

i meant that the bootloader on your device is able to flash a new image even if the current OS isn't booting

shoot - 2008-01-06 10:48 AM

Yeah and i tried bkondisk
the command "prun" isnt found

prun needs itsutils (see itsme's site) and activesync. i recommend you just run the exe on your device then look at the root of the device, and see what thr newly created .log file says

geoffsta - 2008-01-06 11:03 AM

Hi shoot

I hope cmonex isn't pulling his hair out.. this is a tricky one.
between the 3 of us we may work out a way of fixing this thing,,, or an address to a brick restorer in australia.
I found a bloke in Sydney on the web www.gpsoz.com.au. I'm going to email him tomorrow to see if he can fix it.
he has been on holiday.

Geoff

i looked, could not find any references on his site about fixing bricks
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-06 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

"prun needs itsutils (see itsme's site) and activesync. i recommend you just run the exe on your device then look at the root of the device, and see what thr newly created .log file says "

Installed into windows dir tried to run but still no go

pic

Edited by shoot 2008-01-06 9:50 AM
 Top of the page
barnes
barnes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-08 4:02 PM
#
hi its me again sorry to be a pain. the person we baught it off isn't being verry helpfull. the gps i got (navgo sy885) came with 1 year warrenty. now ive tryed looking for some sort of navgo websit or something like that to no success. do you know how to get in contact with someone (like the nave go cumpany or something) to use this warranty??????????
 Top of the page
shoot Page Icon Posted 2008-01-10 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

"prun needs itsutils (see itsme's site) and activesync. i recommend you just run the exe on your device then look at the root of the device, and see what thr newly created .log file says"

This is what the log file says::

ERROR: kioctl(FLASH, init1) - UNKNOWNERROR: 0x00000032
error initializing flash
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.398 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 29