x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Agere Wireless probs on MP 780 (who knew!)

applemaster
applemaster Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 6:51 PM
#
So, last night, I installed the drivers for my Orinoco Silver card on my MP 780. It was plugged in at the time, since I like to have all the power I can get when I am syncing through IR. Anyway, it was working great for the time being until just a few hours ago when I was trying to connect to the wireless at my work--which is not secured and supports g AND b. The card was in at the time of waking and I proceeded to log in and open tell it to continue to power the card even though it was on battery power. After a few seconds of waiting, it finally connected to the network. I then proceeded to open Internet Explorer to get on Google. It would not do it! I then tried to modify some IP settings, but nothing helped. Then, all of a sudden, the program quit and my card tuned off. I was like ! I turned it off and back on, opened the program since it didn't do it itself and after 5 seconds or so, the program closed itself, regardless of the fact that I wasn't finished messing with settings! After this, I was not able to do anything with the card what so ever. Please help!! I am at a loss--short of uninstalling, which it won't let me do, by the way, since it claims the driver is still running. The program does not acknowledge this, so I am thinking of doing some un/installing via ActiveSync

thanks to anyone who can resolve, or help me resolve this stupid matter!

Edited by applemaster 2008-01-03 7:28 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 7:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This may be a stupid question, but have you tried removing the card, soft resetting, and then reinserting the card?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-03 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

remove the startup entry from \windows\startup if the wlan utility has one there, then reboot then uninstall. (card must not be inserted during this)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.141 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 17