x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wireless activesync

SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-05-01 4:06 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello
My wireless connection (Orinoco gold on the Jornada 820 CE 2.11 and Netgear WG111 on XP Pro desktop) Activesyncs some of the time.
When it doesn't, I usually get the following error message:
"Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Winsock services could not start due to a critical erro (Error 10065)
Please reconnect your device. If the problem persists, see the Troubleshooting section of Windows CE Services Help."
Reconnecting doesn't help.
Occasionally, going to a dos prompt and IPCONFIG/ALL a duplicate Netgear WG111 adapter shows up, with IP address of 0.0.0.0. I've read that this might be causing the problem, but I've no idea how to rid myself of that nonexistent adapter (the REAL one is IP 192.168.0.1--and it shows up too.) And sometimes things go sideways without a nonexisting adapter showing in IPCONFIG.
Today, I booted up both machines and hotsynced without a problem. Later in the day I attempted it again (having changed nothing on either machine) and I get the error message above.
Any ideas?
many thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-01 5:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like it is having a driver unload problem, you're not using DHCP I take it.

If you are you need to give the device 20 - 30 seconds to sort out LAN registration before attempting to sync.
Otherwise does it sort itself out after a soft reset, but if you eject and reinsert it then fail?
 Top of the page
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 3:17 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey: thanks for your help!
I'm not using DHCP; have assigned 192.168.0.1 to the desktop wireless adapter, 192.168.0.4 to the Orinoco on the Jornada. Both 255.255.255.0 subnet.
It fails to sync after ejecting and reinserting the Orinoco.
It fails to sync after soft resetting.
It kicks out the error message after 2 to 4 attempts at syncing, then the error message shows up every time.
I can ping both ways without trouble. (Using vxUtil on the Jornada: great little tool!)
Sometimes I can open a folder/explore on the XP Pro desktop from the Jornada. Sometimes not.
Windows firewall is off. McAphee firewall is on and set to allow the Jornada to come through. It does allow passage--when everything is working, mcaphee is not a problem.

My guess is it's in the sync side of things. I've tried removing all the sync options, i.e. no calendar or address sync. Makes no difference.

What am I missing? Is there more information which would be useful?

Again: thank you.

By the by: the Orinoco Gold 8410-WD works like a champ when the connection is there. I recommend it. I''m having trouble upgrading it, but haven't given up yet...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 3:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 4:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Oh yes.
I'll go through it again...
 Top of the page
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 12:07 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

same problem exists.
I'm back to wired-LAN syncing.
Oh well. I may be asking too much of 2.11
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

but it really should work even on 2.0...
 Top of the page
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 12:03 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

well, I uninstalled everything and started clean.
and it works now. like a champ.
two different networks (home and office) syncing on both, filesharing and all the rest.
Next test will be taking the Jornada 820 to a cafe with a wireless hotspot. ..
thanks for all the help.
 Top of the page
rod Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 1:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi - thanks to this Forum, I was able to finally get my mobilepro 790 to go wireless. Activesync also works wirelessly on my homenetwork after I put the IP address of my laptop into the mobilepro configuration settings. Two questions:

1. if I put in an IP address for an Outlook server, would that allow me to sync from anywhere, whether or not my laptop is on?
2. while I can access our secure server with Internet explorer on the mobilepro, it's slow and clunky to use online. The mobile pro (which runs Windows CE 3.0/pocket PC 2000) has Pocket Outlook with its own email. To use it, it requires that I identify a POP3 server. Any idea what that means and/or how to get email to work?
 Top of the page
iliesse Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 1:28 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi, can someone tell me or point me to an URL how to sync over Wifi and Windows XP. Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 7:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Support Section > Network Connections > Synchronising over a network.

Assuming that the WiFi works, it is exactly the same process as wired-LAN.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 14