x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where can I find software for Airspeak Flair

1 2 3 4
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-25 7:35 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I did a reset and it des have windows explorer. But when I install office, and apply the changes above, then windows explorer stops working. But I can still go to My Computer and browse around.

Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 1:08 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Is there a way to modify the ROM on this thing so that it has the office programs, and pim, etc? Right now, if I have to reset the unit I have to re-install, change lib names, etc. to get it going again. Is there a way to make these changes permanent?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 1:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

paulm64 - 2008-01-25 12:20 PM

I get...

"imgdecmp.DLL" can't be loaded. "imgdecmp.DLL" or its linked file requires a newer version OS.
"COREDL2.dll" can't be loaded. "COREDL2.dll" or its linked file requires a newer version OS.

And I don't think Windows Explorer was on there before. I don't remember. I could reset the device and start over...

heh again change coredl2.dll to coredll.dll.
as for imgdecmp, try renaming the imgdecmp.dll you have in there, if that doesn't work that means your device's rom doesn't include imgdecmp, i'll get you a CE3 version of it then.

paulm64 - 2008-01-25 1:35 PM

I did a reset and it des have windows explorer. But when I install office, and apply the changes above, then windows explorer stops working. But I can still go to My Computer and browse around.

hmm, interesting, explorer does launch apparently, because my computer is explorer. so when does it not start? exactly how are you trying to start it?

paulm64 - 2008-01-26 7:08 AM

Is there a way to modify the ROM on this thing so that it has the office programs, and pim, etc? Right now, if I have to reset the unit I have to re-install, change lib names, etc. to get it going again. Is there a way to make these changes permanent?

if it has flashrom and we find out bootloader behaviour then yes.
we can see that easily.
download a rom dumper from here: http://hpcmonex.net/romstuff.htm

of the various versions, i would recommend:

if you have a memory card named Storage Card:
"- dump to memory card - hard coded to \Storage Card (can edit it though) and 32MB (can edit), will need to make better version. source included."

or maybe:
"- dump 64mb to memory card - path not hard coded, but the dump size is hard coded to 64MB. no source available."

if you don't have a memory card (well i guess you do have one though) then at first try this should be enough:
"- 8mb dumper - same as first one but only does 8MB and it dumps into ram. useful sometimes. readme is in the 32MB version.."

then upload the zipped dump file somewhere

Edited by cmonex 2008-01-26 1:35 AM
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 1:35 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok, will do...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 1:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It does appear to have a flash ROM, based on what I've found online. (See the first page of this thread.) So there's good news there.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 2:15 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The ROM dump is located at...

http://silenceisdefeat.org/~pmartinez/ROM.dump

Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 2:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Sorry. I just realized I forgot to ZIP it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

don't worry i'll download it unzipped, my connection is fast. so let's see!
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 2:42 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I hope its helpful.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 3:02 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

hmm, interesting, explorer does launch apparently, because my computer is explorer. so when does it not start? exactly how are you trying to start it?

It doesn't start when I try to start it from the start menu or from the desktop icon. But I can start it using My Computer.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 3:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

valid dump, thing definitely has flashrom and maybe we can find out how to flash it, i'll let you know in 1-2 days when i have the time for more serious inspection of the dump.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-26 3:32 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well, there is a program on the device, specifically, in the Flairview software that will retrieve a ROM image from the storage card. I don't know how it works. But I was able to update to the latest version after downloading the rom image from airpeaks' website. I don't understand how you can flash a device while it's running but that's how I did it.
It requies a hard reset after updating and then it had the new rom.

P.S. Thanks for the help.

Edited by paulm64 2008-01-26 3:33 AM
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-27 6:56 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Is there anyway that I can use an emulator on my Desktop with the ROM image from my Flair so that I could test ROM modifications out before commiting them to the Flair? I would like to play around with rom modifications but I want to keep the ROM reading/writing to a minimum. I've already bricked a couple pocketpcs so I'm a little leary of doing alot of flashing.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-28 3:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

paulm64 - 2008-01-26 9:32 AM

Well, there is a program on the device, specifically, in the Flairview software that will retrieve a ROM image from the storage card. I don't know how it works. But I was able to update to the latest version after downloading the rom image from airpeaks' website. I don't understand how you can flash a device while it's running but that's how I did it.
It requies a hard reset after updating and then it had the new rom.

P.S. Thanks for the help.

well, you ran a nice risk of updating the rom like that, i don't like OEMs who are not offering the possibility of flashing from bootloader. anyway good it worked. however if you want a custom rom there will be one only if we find bootloader menu for flashing otherwise i'm not going to expose you to risks.

as for how it works.. well obviously it uses a driver to read, erase and write the flash, nothing special there. probably it does disable some things in the OS before that, but i would be able to tell you that only if you uploaded the program here for me to look at it.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-28 3:29 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok. I'll put the stuff I got from Airspeak online. I don't know how much room I have at SID, but if I run out of room I'll have to find another place to put it. Or maybe I can post a link to where I got it from their website.

The software that I used to flash it is built into the Flairview software. The options are... Receive image; receive broadcast image (apparently you can broadcast a rom image to a bunch of flairs over a network, etc.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 33