x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Book Reader for Sharp Mobilon Tripad PV-6000 WinCE 2.11 HPC Pro 3.0

djpeterso23662
djpeterso23662 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-14 9:28 AM
#
Hello! I have a Sharp Mobilon Tripad PV-6000 device running Windows CE 2.11 (HPC Pro 3.0). It has a MIPS processor. Now, if you have seen the PV-6000 you know that it is the coolest handheld PC ever developed. Unfortunately, technology has moved on and software is hard to find for it. My question relates to eBook reading software.

I would love to continue to use this outstanding HPC for book reading, typically of PDF files or other downloadable books. My favorite source is <http://books.google.com>. Are there any eBook reading programs, even older versions, supporting PDF or other eBook formats that will run on this machine? If not what software is needed to convert eBooks I have to something that can be used?
Thanks in advance for all suggestions!
David Peterson

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-14 4:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

uBook (MicroBook) and Mobipocket Reader (version 4.8) do the job fine, and both are free.

BTW, I think the Vadem/MainStreet Clio C-1050 is a tad cooler. It's the same device with twice as much RAM and a twice-as-fast version of the MIPS processor.
 Top of the page
djpeterso23662
djpeterso23662 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-29 8:46 AM
#
Thanks for your comments! I will check out the two programs that you recommended and report on how it goes.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 27