x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 820 alternative web browser - help!

AlanChanXD
AlanChanXD Page Icon Posted 2008-01-22 9:40 AM
#
as mentioned in the title, I realized the j820 is the odd one out of the Handheld PC professional series. It runs a SA1110 arm processor, whereas most of the other HPC pro uses a mips or SH3 processors.

Due to processor incompatitbility, I cannot find any web browser program that will work with the J820. The built in internet Explorer is crippled already for browsing pages. I tried the netfront browser (hpc 2000 version) and it doesnt run.

Is there anymore availible web browser that would work for the j820?

much help appreciated, Alan ^^
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-22 8:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is an age-old question that no one thus far has been able to find an answer for. As you point out, Netfront won't work because it's written for CE 3.0. (And changing the OS version in the code, apart from drawing screams of EULA violations by the Netfront folks, won't work anyway. )

stingraze (one of our forum members here) was entertaining the idea of developing a new Web browser for H/PCs, but he hasn't been around this site for a few weeks, so we don't know where that stands.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-22 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

netfront 3.0 should work, i think it was 3.3 that didn't - but i forget, what are your experiences, CE Geek?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-01-22 11:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I think I summed my experience in my previous post. I realized, though, after posting, that 3.0 might work - but you didn't hear it from me.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-23 5:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

my god, i thought we lived in a free world.
 Top of the page
rshagrawal Page Icon Posted 2008-01-28 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I want registory hack for internet explorer to pretend as ie 5.x for hpc mp780 i.e ce 2.11.
I know ,It is possible can some body help. Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9