x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Geo
Geo Page Icon Posted 2008-01-25 6:52 PM
#
I recently tried to view a youtube video. When I did it led me to a download for a .tar.gz file. I'm still new to linux so I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do, or if it's even possible to view youtube videos on the jornada 720
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-01-27 3:23 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

PS told me that flash player is compiled for intel chips... so it won't work for the j720... but there is hope! two ways actually... gnash is a open source flash player... i haven't tried it... but looks promising... also you can just download the youtube video (file2hd.com) and play it in a media player... i know vlc works (kinda, i have a post on my messing with it)... and if you have the codecs, mplayer can play it...
 Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-04-13 3:31 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I compiled gnash and a few other things to get flash working in konqueror and firefox on my debian install on my jornada 728 and it's quite slow. Youtube videos lag a lot (5-10fps) and sound is crappy

Edited by HellDragon 2008-04-13 3:32 AM
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-04-19 12:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

yeah probably as expected.... um hopefully this will be "worked out" if/when we get those flashboards and/or cpu upgrade.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 27