x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 790

mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a NEC MobilePro 790. I used it about 8 months ago, then it's been sitting in the closet. I recharged the battery.All of the settings for the wireless card are not in the computer.

I have the WiFi disk with card drivers on it.

What Cab file do I need to use for the 790? I was told when I initially installed it, but did not write it down, not thinking I would need that again.

I have a sync to move the driver over to the NEC.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks for answering.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 2:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It would be the driver for Windows CE 3.0, probably a pocketpc file, specifically a MIPS cpu. But if there is one specifically for your device, it would be for for the MIPS cpu HPC 2000, or it might have the numbers 4000 in the title signifying the cpu type....

Are you sure you never copied the cab file over to the internal flash memory? That way it is always there even if your battery dies....

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-02-10 2:22 PM
 Top of the page
mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 3:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

There is a file on my CD that says install WiFi card software (install with active sync connection). When I click on that file, I get a file 8410 (use this first). I imagine I go to WinCe folder, since that's the operating system. There is a WinCE3.0 folder. (Also a WinCE Cab files folder.) There is a setup.exe file, but that is only to install on my computer. There are files that are _sys1.cab, _user1.cab, _data1.cab.

If I go to the file folder, Wince Cab Files, there are folders entitled: wince2.11 Cab Files, wince2.12 Cab Files, wince3.0 Cab Files, wince4.x (CE.Net). If I click on the wincew3.0 Cab Files, it gives me several wireless files.

I have already told you more than I know!

If in fact that driver should be on my NEC, where do I look for the file?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 3:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There you go mveak, copy the mips cpu cab file from the wince3.0 folder to your Mobilepro and tap on it and see if it installs.

The file won't natively be on your 790...but if you copy the correct cab file to your internal flash rom, then it won't disappear in the event of a power failure, or when the battery just runs down like happened last time. That way you can easily reinstall it again.

However, before installing it the first time, be sure to change the properties of the cab file to read-only so it won't disappear after installation.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-02-10 3:47 PM
 Top of the page
mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

However, there is no mips cpu cab file to copy.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 5:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Why don't you tell us the exact model of your wifi card...probably have the drivers already for download on the hcl of this site...

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 7:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It sounds like you have a Proxim ORiNOCO card. Look for a CAB file called wireless.R4100.CAB. If it's not in that folder, look for a ZIP file called Inflated.zip and open that.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-02-10 7:25 PM
 Top of the page
mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-11 1:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Avaya Wireless
Worold Card
11 Mb/s
Silver

S/N 02UT08332524
T/N 22732616
P/N 016064/B
Mac Address: 00022D4B5C3B
Encryption: WEP
FCC ID: IMRWLPCE24H
Canada 230 391 152A
Lucent Technologies PC24E-H-FC
CE0122!
R NYCA0010
T 099- 1057 JP

5V
018079/A
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-02-11 1:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The driver CAB I referenced above still applies. It's also available on this page:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp

Look for 7.82.881 under Windows CE 3.00 for the download link for the same ZIP file you have on your CD.
 Top of the page
mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-11 4:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No wonder I've had problems. My ActiveSync won't work, as it is not compatible with Vista that I now have installed. I also find after copying the cab file to my flash card, I cannot access my flash card on my hand-held, 790.

Weird.

And in order to configure it, when I go to start. programs, there is no applications to click on to set-up the flash card.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-02-11 6:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check the formatting on the card - if it's NTFS, CE can't read it. If it is NTFS, copy the card's contents to an empty folder on the PC, and then format the card to FAT32 or FAT. If it's already in one of those formats, then you may have a hardware problem in the 790's CF card slot. (Have you tried putting the CF card in a PCMCIA adapter and inserting that into the PCMCIA slot?)
 Top of the page
mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-14 10:44 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I put the flash card in to the slot in my PC and even re-formatted it to FAT32.

I guess there is something missing in my Windows CE on my NEC 790, as I cannot access the flash card in my hand-held.

Active Sync is no longer useable in Windows Vista on my PC, so I installed Windows Mobile Device Center, and it does not connect to my hand-held.

I think I'll put my efforts in to trying to access the flash card on my hand-held, so that I can use that in Switzerland.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-02-14 5:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

WMDC isn't compatible with CE 3 or older devices.

The Avaya card isn't even close to the best Agere-based card out there. Like the Proxim version, it doesn't work consistently across all CE devices and OS versions. By contrast, the older Lucent and Agere versions work nicely with almost every H/PC running CE 2.0 or higher.
 Top of the page
mveak Page Icon Posted 2008-02-15 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your help. It was working last year before I let it sit and tried recharging the battery. Not sure why all that 'stuff' went away, but it did.

I can get by using the internal flash. I'll just not do any Internet on it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9