x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mortplayer with CE 5.0

jrosen73 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all,
I'm wondering if anyone here has been able to get MortPlayer working on a CE 5.0 and if not any guidance would be appreciated.

I recently purchased a PNA with CE 5.0 Core and thought it would be no problem running Mortplayer. However I soon found out it was missing some of the DLL's required. I contacted the author and he sent me a list of all the required DLL's. I've loaded them in both the windows directory and program directory without any luck. When I first attempt to load it, I get the missing libraries error. after copying over the dll's I either get an application error or "mortplayer.exe is not a valid Windows CE application". I've tried executablycheck to re-associated DLL's without success. The issue seems to be from the coredll.dll. I've tried several version found on the internet and from Platform Builder CE.

The Author of Mortplayer has made the software open source and I've downloaded it. I also have the trial of Platform Builder for CE. But I'm not sure where to go from here.

While searching the Gizmondo forums, someone there has managed to get Mortplayer working with Windows CE 4.2 Since its working on this version, I know its possible to recompile Mortplayer to function with CE 5.

Here is the link in the Gizmondo forum: http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8366

And a link to Mortplayer: http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/pocketpc/

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just list me the missing ordinals execheck reports for coredll
 Top of the page
jrosen73 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

When I check the exe from the Gizmondo Mortplayer package it says the following:
COREDL2.DLL doesn't match the CPU type.

I created a ARM4 image with Platform Builder, however when I put this file on the device it too generates the same error about CPU type. The device uses a ARM cpu, so it should work? It actually comes bundled with a couple of PDA mill games, so some of the key components are there, in fact I used those GX.DLL and AYGSHELL.DLL files.

This is what the author said are needed (most were already present, including coredll.dll):
gx.dll, mfcce300.dll, coredll.dll, commctrl.dll, aygshell.dll, olece300.dll, ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll, wininet.dll, winsock.dll

Edited by jrosen73 2008-02-19 7:02 PM
 Top of the page
pawelpablo71
pawelpablo71 Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 6:12 PM
#
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 12:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

BTW, if you go to the forum support site for Mortplayer, they have downloadable skins that work wonderfully with the 900C.

The skins are 480 x 240 tall and Mortplayer if you haven't tried it, has more features than any other MP3 players I've used yet...

Here is a screenshot of it running on my 900C...

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-09-21 12:09 PM

(mortplayer480x240.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mortplayer480x240.jpg (49KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 18 - Executed queries : 54