x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Scrollbars in Remote Desktop

guardedthought Page Icon Posted 2005-05-05 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

On the help guide on this site, it shows a remote desktop connection with scrollbars, but when I do a remote desktop connection from my Mobilepro780, I don't get scrollbars and it mashes my desktop computer screen down to 640x240. Can't it be set to keep my computer at the same resolution and I just use scrollbars to get around the screen?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-05 11:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

that'd interest me as well. i don't get scrollbars either. i don't mind it (it's better this way for me) but one of my friend DOES get them and we have no idea why, what the difference is.
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 6:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

If you don't have scrollbars, how do you move around to the information that's off screen? I finally got remote desktop to work but without scroll bars it's not very useful.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

there's no way to do that then.. but you can do the tab trick...

many programs will work nicely even with 640x240.. i'm lucky that i use such apps mainly.. and scrolling is just annoying.

if you really want scrollbars, head for hpcfactor downloads section and get the hpc2000 TS update... install it and find the exe in \Windows, copy it somewhere else and use that...
 Top of the page
slick204 Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 8:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

What is the tab trick?
I don't like scrolling either but I can't get to all areas of the program window on Outlook or Firefox (possibly others, I haven't gotten that far).
Have you tried the 2000 update on Pro? It says it won't work. I'll give it a go, after a full backup of course.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-09 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmhmm so you have HPC Pro i see we're in this forum... sorry isn't there a download for hpc pro ts update? if not i have no idea then...

opera will never be really usable on hvga, and that's really bad because i like opera... but firefox works fine, what is your problem with it maybe saving a file? i can't remember now how to do that with firefox, i rarely use it now,... but in IE it is easy with the tab trick when you get the save window where you can select the location too... you just press tab once and then enter. if you want to rename the file that can be done too this way.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 13