x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

1GB San disk card does not work in Jornada 720

1 2
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 1:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

So I wrote all that stuff for nuffin?

Only joking! Sorry it didn't work out as you would have liked.

You can send files between the Palm and the Jornada using IR but you'll need some extra software to get the two devices 'talking' to one another. Take a look at Conduits Peacemaker.

IR is not the fastest method though but it should be OK for relatively small files.

http://www.conduits.com/products/peacemaker/
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
You could also install TotalCommander for CE, which has IROBEX capability at http://www.ghisler.com/wince2x.htm

I use TotalCommander to shoot files back and forth to my Psion.

Lextre, as someone who has followed this thread--and contributed poorly to it--I would like to commend you on some FINE posting. Your instructions were diligent, well-written, and made me wish I had a SD card myself.

If I get one, you'll be the first I ask for help
Jake

Edited by Jake 2005-05-09 9:40 PM
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 1:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well thanks Jake, that's very kind of you to say. I always try my best to offer something back to the community wherever possible, especially on this forum where others have been very helpful to me

I use Total Commander too but I have to be honest, I never even knew it had good IR capabilities built in
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 7:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hey lextre,

hp added a module to the 720 that allows beaming to Palm devices, is that not working against newer Palms?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 8:52 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
TotalCommander is my favorite CE program, more than Textmaker, I think. Using its double-screen, I network with my laptop, and the IR Send/Receive is great--both with laptop and with my Psion.

An obscure tip here: for those hardbitten Psion users, freeware C-Beam gives IROBEX capability to all ER5 machines. Very handy for backing up both the J and P when on the road.

If only I had a SD card Actually, the gig cf cards are so reasonably-priced these days that I'm more than content with my storage

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 9:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, TC is a great program! i use it on my pc too. and it's even freeware... i can only recommend it to anyone.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-10 1:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2005-05-10 12:52 PM

hp added a module to the 720 that allows beaming to Palm devices, is that not working against newer Palms?

Yes, but isn't that only for beaming contact cards to the Palm? I've recently sold my J720 so I cannot check

Maybe somebody else can confirm?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.204 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8