x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Who needs a desktop PC anyway?

1 2
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 5:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

takwu - 2005-05-14 10:07 AM

While the performance comparison between the Intermec 6651 and the MP790 is very interesting, you must keep in mind that the Intermec needs to draw 2.5 times the pixels that the MP does. And if you run the video in "full screen" mode, you need to multiply that for the rescaling process as well.

mmm, I've just restested AVI playback on the two devices and the Intermec holds its own against the MP790 despite the larger screen (and higher resolution). I used Betaplayer on both devices and I the poorer playback results I found on the 6651/Telios mentioned in my previous post were using a different AVI player (PQVIew).

I thus now hold the opinion that the faster rated CPU of the MP790 golds no performance advantage over the 6651/Telios. The MP790 seems to have a slight lag opening applications and performing tasks where the 6651/Telios seems to respond much quicker!

Incidentally, in Betplayer I can play my AVI's (taken with a Canon digital camera) full size with *VERY* acceptable results. Video on the 6651/Telios has never been up to much with Pocket TV/MVP but well done to the Betaplayer authors for making video playback on the 6651/Telios a reality
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

lextre - 2005-05-14 4:23 AM

Incidentally, in Betplayer I can play my AVI's (taken with a Canon digital camera) full size with *VERY* acceptable results. Video on the 6651/Telios has never been up to much with Pocket TV/MVP but well done to the Betaplayer authors for making video playback on the 6651/Telios a reality

Would you be so kind to get me a few benchmarks of some video's from your devices.
I'm always in need of these to fill up a "screenrating" list for PocketDVD.

ALso if you have good experiences with certain bitrates you use, I'd really appreciate it.
if you can, please email some benchmark files (with the device model that the bench was performed on as well) to support [at] pocketdvd [dot] ca

thanks

(there are some lowbitrate testfiles on the pocketdvd.ca website (http://www.pocketdvd.ca/screenrating.htm) that you can use for testing, but basicaly any benchmark file will allow me to figure out the screenrating. as long as the bitrate is not influencing the performance that is.

Edited by PocketDVD 2005-05-14 8:13 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.139 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8