x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro 800: Not Connecting USB/Serial

seriousfix Page Icon Posted 2008-03-07 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can not connect my MobilePro 800 via USB/Serial cable. I have installed ActiveSync 3.8 and also installed the MobilePro 900 USB drivers. My computer recognizes a USB device and can not install it. ActiveSync does not connect.

Please direct me to the right HowTo or please help.

Thanks.

tss
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-03-08 7:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Are you trying to connect using the serial cable for the 800, with a usb adapter? If so, the usb device being recognized is the adapter, not your Mobiepro.

If you are trying to connect using a usb cable to the 800...forget it, you can't...it is serial only.
 Top of the page
seriousfix Page Icon Posted 2008-03-09 11:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am connecting thusly:

800 -- Serial Cable -- USB Adapter -- PC

I just threw 2000 on an old PC with a Serial Port for now. I will be buying a 900c soon.

If there is a way to get the 800 connected to a computer without a Serial Port, please let me know.

Thank you.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-09 3:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I had the same problem with my previous XP notebook, which had USB ports but no serial port. (My current notebook PC has a serial port along with the USB ports.) I was surprised to find out from my experience that even XP does not include a compatible driver for a serial-to-USB adapter - I had to install it from the included driver CD before XP would recognize the adapter.

(Ouch, you spent quite a few coins on an old PC. I got my current notebook for a little over $300. )
 Top of the page
evieabston Page Icon Posted 2008-03-11 4:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I don't know how much different the 800 is from the 880, but I got a UsB adaptor to connect to my PC. The adaptor allows the serial cable to hook up to a usb port. I have Windows xp on my desktop. Of course I had to install the software that came with the USB adaptor and I had no problems what so ever. The adaptor is made by belkin. I got it at staples for $40.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-11 5:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I rest my case.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10