x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

mobilepro780 display

HBear
HBear Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 1:56 PM
#
Hi,
Just purchased a mobilepro 780. While installing Windows Media Player for Handhelds, the screen went blank. I can hear sounds when typing on the keyboard, but the screen is blank. I tried a soft and hard reset - no avail. Activesynch works. Please help. Thanks,
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 2:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

When you say the screen went blank, do you mean that it looks like it does when the device is off or can you at least see that the backlight is on (a kinda rough grey/black colour haze on the screen)??
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 6:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You say a hard reset...the one where you remove the main battery and push the little square button that is hidden behind it with the stylus? Try it again.

That should reset it as if it were fresh from the factory. If it doesn't, then I believe you have a hardware problem with your 780.

I am surprised that Activesynch would work after your hard reset as it goes into screen calibration mode right away normally. But maybe that doesn't affect synching.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-05-08 6:55 PM
 Top of the page
HBear
HBear Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 8:51 PM
#
The screen looks like it does when the unit is powered off. I tried another hard reset and no change.

When I tried synching (the second time) it did not recognize the profile, and I had to set up a new subscription (I think that it was it called it).

I'll be calling technical support tomorrow, but my guess is it is a hardware failure.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-08 9:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

can't you try a hard reset for a longer time? at least one day. maybe. i don't think it'll fix it, but you never know and i've heard it works sometimes.

good luck...
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-09 2:21 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Your guess is right, if there is NO backlight showing at all then it looks like the screen cable and/or backlight has failed. Try turning on the MP and shining a dull light on the screen (you'll need to change the angles an look VERY closely). If you can see a very faint image of the MP desktop on the screen then the backlight has failed. If you can't see anything at all then the screen cable itself is not connected properly or has failed completely.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9