x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ratoc Systems USB 1.1 Host Adaptor CF Card

1 2 3
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Wow, you have tried a lot! Its my turn to explore the amazingness of CEUSB now.

3 years? 5 if I'm lucky!

Jetcet? Whats that?

Nick
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:14 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Jetcet is software to print (in color if needed) to Canon, Epson, umm...and HP printers IIRC. Maybe more, it's been awhile since I toyed with it.

I think they're OOB or were bought out , maybe Westek boght them? Google should find a download for you, or perhaps Tucows. Get the Pro version, it has spooling.

I'm most excited about the usb wifi, should that work. Freeing another slot for me is helpful.

I'd be all over a USB GPS but so far I can't find any units with a drivers for MIPS. I've seen ploenty for ARM tho'. So I have to use a slot for my CF GPS, and a slot for CF card, so no slots left for wifi to warfly.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-03 9:14 PM

Jetcet is software to print (in color if needed) to Canon, Epson, umm...and HP printers IIRC. Maybe more, it's been awhile since I toyed with it.

I think they're OOB or were bought out , maybe Westek boght them? Google should find a download for you, or perhaps Tucows. Get the Pro version, it has spooling.

I'm most excited about the usb wifi, should that work. Freeing another slot for me is helpful.

I'd be all over a USB GPS but so far I can't find any units with a drivers for MIPS. I've seen ploenty for ARM tho'. So I have to use a slot for my CF GPS, and a slot for CF card, so no slots left for wifi to warfly.

yeah they're westtek.. i have a copy for my 900.. comes with the CD with every MP900

oh you still don't have usb wifi?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Elder

No, not yet Monica, sad to say every time I order from Tiger it takes forever. Dunno why. I'm only 45 minutes out of Toronto, which is Tiger's CDN location.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-08-03 8:44 PM

Great isn't it?

I've tried mice of all makes, keyboards, memory keys, cardreaders, external hdds, jukeboxes (I settled on a RCA Lyra, tank tough), hubs, and I have a usb Prism wifi on order. Imagine that!

The only thing I own I haven't tried are my usb printers via Jetcet. I network print so couldn't be bothered.

I think you just added another 3 years of functionality to your J.

oh i see you already ordered one! good luck!

eheh, funny but i don't have much use for usb. i don't use any of these... i have only three usb devices in the whole house: card reader, digital camera and a hp printer, the latter with PCL-3 so it should work but like you i couldn't be bothered with it. card reader doesn't work, camera works but i rarely use it
how did you get your card readers to work? are they the 7 (or more) in 1 type? mine creates at least four drives on my PC if i plug it in.. maybe that's the problem as the 900 does recognize it and does power the card reader up, but i can't see any new folders in explorer/any other file manager.. any ideas? (not like i'd use it too often but it's so sad that it doesn't want to work)
should i install the deje drivers or what? can't be better than the built-in ones in ce.net, or are they worth a try?

of course i could use an usb wifi... mmmm.. waiting for you to share your experiences!
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-08-04 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi All,

For those who are interested, I have just released a USB Hardware Compatability List. This list is for working Windows CE USB Devices only, nothing else. My USB-HCL, also is not a replacement for HPC:Factors one. Its still under-construction, but if you have anything to add, post in this thread, PM me or email me.

Nick Charlton.org.uk USB-HCL

Nick
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-04 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

is it for only the usb host card or for hpc's with native usb support too? you can read my experiences with the 900C... not too much, i admit.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-08-04 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It was originaly just for Jornada 720's with USB, like its original name "USB and the Jornada 720" but now its just called "USB". Its planned to cover all CE Compatable USB devices, only. HPC:Factors HCL covers all other devices, but not USB, thats why I made it.

Nick
 Top of the page
chasmanor
chasmanor Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 2:43 PM
#
Nick,

I can't seem to get your webpage to open for your USB-HCL list.

Do you need to get the 1.1 or will the Ratoc 2.0 double-USB card work one the Jornada 720?

Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

My Server has been down since last night. I am currently doing an off-line update, and the server should be up by tommorrow. PM, or email me if you want the data out of it, just incase the server hits me with a few more problems. Anyway, its not great, mainly because people don't have the card yet.

What do you plan to use it for?

Never knew there was a Version 2 of the card. I have version 1.1, AFAIK, and it works great. If you are refering to this: http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/cbu2.html then it will not work, HPC's, mainly the J720 don't have a CardBus, only a PCMCIA.

But this one: http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/cfu1u.html works fine.

Nick
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 8:00 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I was all ready into buying it, until I saw the price tag.

Like Snappy! said, a mass-order might make things better. But considering that this forum can hardly get over a hundred votes on a poll...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 8:34 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

http://www.twin-paradox.com/SEPDA.html

CE 4.2, and probably Linux. Maybe it could be messed with for 2000. I have no idea, the company seems iffy as far as actually selling things (version I of the card never made it out).

I also found a laptop pcmcia usb 1.1 card somewhere, but no way to buy. These things are out there somewhere.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-11-16 8:38 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9