x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900C AmbiCom BT2000-CF problems HELP!

crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-03-21 6:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a NEC MobilePro 900C WinCE Net 4.20
Firmware version PS30_42 1.8.5 Build Date May 6 2004
PIC Firmware ID: 4.19.7 Bootloader Version 4.5.1-6
Rom Date: 2003/01 Rom Revision: Minerva TR3.0 Flash Rom Size: 32mb
Flash Rom Chip Type: Intel 28F128
ID: 006F004E-0077-002C-2000-730065006100
I have Winwatch v2.3 loaded

Problem with AmbiCom Model BT2000-CF Bluetooth
Software: AmbiCom Blue Neighbors for WinCE from hpcmonex web site
bt2kcfceNethandheld311.exe

I cannot see any Bluetooth devices from M900C with AmbiCom Blue Neighbors;
I can see with my Sony T610 and try to pair with T610 enter 0000 and see it on MP900C and enter 0000 to try to pair but no luck?
When I use iPaq h6315 I can see the MP900C but cannot pair with it because it says no services associated with MP900C?

I tried to Read everything I can find on the subject but very little I can find with a step by step proceedure on it?

Please help
Thank you for any help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-21 11:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to use ambicom's own config program to connect to your phone. use the COM port that it creates.
 Top of the page
crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I loaded the Ambicom program for Pocket PC , there are four (4) options for install #1 for Pocket PC 2000 , #2 for Pocket PC , #3 Win 98/XP/Win2000, and #4 for DCOM 98.
I installed the #2 PocketPC because I thought that was the most compatiable for the HPC CE 4.2?, when its on the final on the HPC it says not compatiable with device but I proceeded anyway? could I need some dll's that are not loaded with install?,
Also it says after reset that "HCI Reset return event fail" on MP900C screen,
How would I know if I am missing dll's? anyway?,
The window would not fit on screen so I installed Winwatch v2.3 so I could see and use it. When I install Bluetooth card I can discover it with my iPaq h6315 bluetooth manager as MP900C (Device ID) but..cannot pair with it because it says no services associated with MP900C? I went to "Network Connections" and created a Bluetooth connection and set appropriate port com 7.
The program installed from AmbiCom is called "Blue Neighbors" and when I try to discover devices with the MP900C AmbiCom Blue Neighbors program I get nothing on devices found, but I can discover it with my iPaq h6315 bluetooth manager as MP900C,
I am perplexed on what to do next?
Thank you for any help on this

Edited by crabini 2008-03-24 12:38 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 1:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you sure you didn't get the D version of the ambicom? that needs a different driver. hmm, though, you say the device was detected by other BT devices.. so not a D.

by the way the non D version has a native cenet version, please use that, it's available from the hcl on this site (hpcfactor.com/hcl)

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-24 1:08 PM
 Top of the page
crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The AmbiCom Blue Neighbors program version is V1.36 Build 1360, I see no reference to a "D" where would I find it?
 Top of the page
crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I installed from hpcfactor.com/hcl for CE 4.2 (bt2kcfceNethandheld311.exe) in the default directory, I reset MP900C after install as directed and inserted BT card, Started AmbiCom Blue Neighbors program version for Windows CE (nothing else Stated?) When I try to discover with AmbiCom Blue Neighbors program nothing shows but Bluetooth icon (with Bluetooth Neighbors) on left window, I can discover MP900C using my iPaq h6315, Sony T610 or my Laptop but when I try to pair?, it cannot with "No Services found"

Edited by crabini 2008-03-24 1:42 PM
 Top of the page
crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have hard reset and reinstalled the hpcfactor.com/hcl for CE 4.2 (bt2kcfceNethandheld311.exe) just to make sure some other programs were not interfering with the BT. But still cannot get it to work? I think is has to do with the services?, but I don’t know if they are separate with the AmbiCom Blue Neighbors program?, I would think they are part of it?, am I wrong in that assumption?
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2008-03-24 6:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs, --------but, I'm using a similar card & it only works in the CF slot of the 900, not the PCMCIA one.
The only problem I have is I have to uninstall Blueneighbors to use Activsync-- they use the same COM Port, & reinstall after syncing.
Havn't been able to change the Port
 Top of the page
crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-03-25 2:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you Airhook, That’s the Winning Ticket!!, I Put it in the CF slot and it worked like a champ!,
Now for the more intriguing question WHY?, is this typical of all BT cards?, I would like to know if there is a way of being able to use the PCMCIA slot instead of the CF slot?, I am also looking into maybe hacking the motherboard and doing a "AKA ASUS Eee PC Hacks" and importing BT either USB hub dongle (unlikely?) or splitting the I/O addresses on the PC card slot? Don’t know yet it’s just a thought have to look into it, maybe ask this community to see if it would be worth it? Although the MP900C has great potential if it had more hardware implementation?
Thank you all for the help on this, I have just started with the MP900C and for what I need it for it has replaced my laptop for now, the size makes a huge difference, but as the needs diverse I know I will wish it could do more? I have been looking at making a Media Base Expansion hub type thing, will see?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-25 2:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't think that's typical of all Bluetooth cards - I've used my Socket Bluetooth CF card in a PCMCIA adapter, and it seems to work fine.
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 12:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the same problem as crabini, but with a bit of a difference.

I have the ambicom bluetooth CF card, BT2000-CF on the card. I tried to install the driver from hpcfactor.com/hcl for CE 4.2 (bt2kcfceNethandheld311.exe) and everything seemed in order. Except, when the software installed, the message was that there was an error initiallizing the card and to perform a reset. And I do have the card installed in the CF slot, and tried to use it in the PCMCIA slot with the adapter as well.

So I tried a soft reset and the software still reports a problem starting up the card. I do have cmonex's v2.0 installed and did encounter the other reported problem with the com port conflict with activesync. I unistalled the software and activesync works fine again.

Any ideas?

Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I forgot to mention, the manual that came with the card has BT2000D-CF on it, but the card has BT2000-CF on it.
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2008-12-31 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Do I have to perform a "hard" reset in order to get this to work?
 Top of the page
crabini Page Icon Posted 2008-12-31 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

You seem to have a different problem than I, I recommend that you back up everything and start from beginning, bring the MobilePro 900C to its like original configuration (or as close to it as possible) and load the Ambicom BT2000-CF software and try it?, it should work with card in CF slot, if not you have other problems?, then if it works load the next set of programs you need one at a time and try if it affects the Ambicom BT2000-CF?, if all goes well continue until you complete with all or until you find software which affects the Ambicom BT2000-CF software?
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, at least I found out the card is a BT2000-CF not the "D" model. I loaded the software and synched to my Toshiba e740 (PPC 2002) and it worked great. I was able to connect to the GlobalSat receiver via bluetooth. Just have to play with the com ports but once that is done, it worked.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 14