x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP880 internet problems

evieabston Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 12:34 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi All:
I have a MobilePro 880 and I was using the wifi card to check my email account. Today when I tried to connect to the internet I got a strange message. It said the DHCP Server couldn't connect. Using system Cache. I dont' understand what that means. Anyone have any insight?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 4:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

A DHCP server is a server handing out IP addresses on a network, your device tells you that it is configured to get a IP address from a DHCP server, but it cant find any server so it will use cached information if any.

To get rid of this there are two ways:

1. If you have or had a DHCP server running on your network make sure it is working, or else get it to work
2. change the configuration on the device to have a Static address

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 3:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

or just the device's DHCP implementation is buggy... that's true for hpc2000 and earlier versions

cenet deals with it more efficiently..

if the OS has the right IP cached it will work anyway. so in that case you don't have to do anything.

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-28 3:08 PM
 Top of the page
evieabston Page Icon Posted 2008-03-29 12:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Everyone:
I wanted to let everyone know that I resolved the problem I had getting on the internet. I did a soft reset on the MP880 while the card was still in the unit. Then I went to the software and did the "Scan" feature to find the network name of the cafe I was at and lo and behold it worked again! Has anyone else with a MP880 come across this quirk?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9