x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ViewSonic Airpanel V110

[Frozen]
1 2 3
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 4:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I just got one of these, and now have to figure out how to get past the "Smart Display" GUI and bring up the core OS. Not even sure which OS version is on the device: tap Settings and go to System Info, and it only identifies the OS as "Windows CE for Smart Displays." No version number. I'm assuming the OS version to be 4.0 or 4.1 .net (especially given that the page gives the release year as 2002).

The device is designed specifically for Remote Desktop use, but I can't even get that to work because I can't make a network connection. According to the device's GUI, as well as both Microsoft's and ViewSonic's Web sites, I just need to go to Start -> All Programs -> Smart Display Services on my PC to set that up. But there is no such link in the Start Menu on my PC, even though it has Windows XP Pro SP3 and, according to Microsoft, Smart Display Services is supposed to be included in XP Service Pack 1.

That's not my biggest priority, though. I just want a CE .net desktop and I'll go from there. How can I get the ARM CE 4.x .net version of explorer.exe to autorun from a CF card? Has someone written an autorun.exe file for this?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-28 3:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

2002 was the release year for jornada 728 too..

if you just want plain remote desktop, then go to control panel / system / remote and enable remote desktop..

as for autorunning, the OEM has to be implement that, most probably it wasn't implemented for your device. (usually it is not)

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-28 3:06 PM
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2008-03-29 8:54 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm also interested in your progress (and unfortunately, don't have a clue as to how to help).

The Airpanel v110 seems alot more capable (specification-wise) than the Viewpad 100, the so-called "super PDA."
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-03-29 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2008-03-28 5:49 AM

I just got one of these, and now have to figure out how to get past the "Smart Display" GUI and bring up the core OS. Not even sure which OS version is on the device: tap Settings and go to System Info, and it only identifies the OS as "Windows CE for Smart Displays." No version number. I'm assuming the OS version to be 4.0 or 4.1 .net (especially given that the page gives the release year as 2002).

The device is designed specifically for Remote Desktop use, but I can't even get that to work because I can't make a network connection. According to the device's GUI, as well as both Microsoft's and ViewSonic's Web sites, I just need to go to Start -> All Programs -> Smart Display Services on my PC to set that up. But there is no such link in the Start Menu on my PC, even though it has Windows XP Pro SP3 and, according to Microsoft, Smart Display Services is supposed to be included in XP Service Pack 1.

That's not my biggest priority, though. I just want a CE .net desktop and I'll go from there. How can I get the ARM CE 4.x .net version of explorer.exe to autorun from a CF card? Has someone written an autorun.exe file for this?

I was, and still am, operating under the assumption that the Viewsonic Smart Display units, the v110 and the v150 in particular, cannot be used for anything other than Remote Desktop.

I think that you may need the Companion installation CD for the v110 to get the Remote Desktop set up on the XP Pro.

"A-CD-V110-MS CD-Rom-Companion CD"
Model Name:APV110

Something like $2.50 plus $6 shipping.

After getting the XP Pro set up for my v150, I found that the Remote Desktop could be used with my v110 and both my v210's as well without any change to the XP Pro.

It is the v210 that can run CE4.2 in addition to Remote Desktop.

Regards, Don

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-29 4:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well then these things need to be hacked

there are some rom updates for them it seems... good backdoor
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-03-29 6:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2008-03-29 5:38 PM

well then these things need to be hacked

there are some rom updates for them it seems... good backdoor

Where does your evidence of rom updates for the v110 come from?

You have my two copies of the v210 roms, but I wouldn't know how to dump the v110. ( actually I don't remember how to dump the v210 anymore either, but you worked out the split dump IIRC)

addendum - I didn't realize until today that the 900c could be used as a XP Pro remote desktop controller, but it worked with the same XP Pro setup as the v110, v150, v210, but of course the display is limited. Trying the 900c produced an anomaly in that following a disconnect of the Remote Desktop the 900c power switch won't suspend the unit again until after a soft reset. This is with cmonex 2.0, nothing else tried.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Don

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-04-01 5:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, Remote Desktop is no problem, but as I said above, that's not what I really want. It's weird that I can explore the files on my PC on this device, but I can't explore the files on the device itself. Does this mean I can't reflash it either?
 Top of the page
Tino
Tino Page Icon Posted 2008-05-02 10:05 AM
#
I am desperately looking for the companion CD to Airpanel V110, can anybody help?
Purchased the panel a while ago, but cannot get it going without the software.
Thanks for your help, Tino
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-02 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-04-01 11:00 PM

Does this mean I can't reflash it either?

you can reflash from bootloader, that is independent of the OS, but you need to find the way to enter the bootloader menu
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-02 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Tino - 2008-05-02 11:05 AM

I am desperately looking for the companion CD to Airpanel V110, can anybody help?
Purchased the panel a while ago, but cannot get it going without the software.
Thanks for your help, Tino

Tino,

This is in stock at the viewsonic store for $2.50 plus shipping,

Part Number A-CD-V110-MS

http://store.viewsonic.com/html/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?a=b&item=63883

But you'll probably need to create an account and login.

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-02 5:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2008-05-02 7:43 AM

CE Geek - 2008-04-01 11:00 PM

Does this mean I can't reflash it either?

you can reflash from bootloader, that is independent of the OS, but you need to find the way to enter the bootloader menu

Well, that gives me hope. I assume that'll be a key combo at the start of reboot. That's one of the nice things about the V110 versus the 100 - the V110 has separate USB ports for keyboard and mouse, among other goodies, including built-in WiFi. Maybe this could be a target for custom ROMs as well (hint, hint ), and if we can figure out which WiFi driver it needs, that could be a custom ROM component.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-02 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-05-02 11:53 PM

Well, that gives me hope. I assume that'll be a key combo at the start of reboot.

yes, try everything you can think of

including leaving a CF card in the slot during boot

custom rom: sure, but first let's solve the issue of flashing.

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-02 10:33 PM
 Top of the page
Nik
Nik Page Icon Posted 2008-05-14 10:47 AM
#
Take a peek at http://www.aibohack.com/panel and let us know how you get on. I've followed the above on my airpanel and it works a tret - now need to source some things to run there - a version od msie would be good :-)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-15 1:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Very complicated procedure for an amateur like me. I'll have to study it extensively when I don't have any distractions (hopefully someday before I retire).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-15 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-05-15 7:39 AM

Very complicated procedure for an amateur like me. I'll have to study it extensively when I don't have any distractions (hopefully someday before I retire).

it just flashes a rom, nothing too scary. if you can hack EVB to work on ce 2.0 then why not this

I'm sure you already flashed your 900c for example, if not yet then let me know... but this is similar to that really... except you run the exe on the PC, not on the device
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 28