x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

KDE/GNOME on Simpad?

kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-04-02 1:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm using the latest realse of Familiar Linux with my simpad, and i think that it will be cool to have normal shell/window manager like KDE or GNOME. Of course, I didn't think about the latest versions of it (i know that simpad is too slow), but maybe they are any packages for familiar with these desktop managers?

BTW: I found about KDE 3,5 for nokia internet tablets, as i remember they had only 400mhz processor so why not try on simpad?
 Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-04-15 9:22 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

You could try xfce. It looks like a minimal gnome and eats almost no ram/cpu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfce I tried it once on my jornada 728 (ARM 206mhz cpu, 64mb of ram) and it was quite fast. I tried KDE 3.3 (I was too lazy to compile 3.5 and they're probably similar) too and it was fast enough, so I guess it could run fine on your 400mhz.

Edited by HellDragon 2008-04-15 9:24 PM
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-05-31 12:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Where I can find compiled files? I'm currently working on HTC Universal at Angstrom distro.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9