x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Batteries for MobilePro 790

lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 3:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Does anybody know where I can find new or used (even exhausted for rebuild) batteries for the MobilePro 790 in the UK? Or perhaps a supplier elsewhere in the world that will ship to the UK?

My MP790's battery only seems to last around 2-3 hours (backlight at minimum, little use of expansion slots). What should I get (realistically, not NEC's blurb) out of a new battery on my 790?
 Top of the page
jupps Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 5:09 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

If you choose to rebuild, here's a link to a very informative writeup on how to rebuild the 770/780/790 batteries:

http://hpcnec.com/battery.htm
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-12 1:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks Jupps. I have seen that site before and the author (who frequents tis forum) was also very helpful to me when I attempted to rebuild some Intermec 6651 battery packs. Unfortunately those batteries are a little more complicated than the NEC ones since there are three li-ion batteries with twisted tabs as opposed to two in the MP batteries.

I would consider rebuilding a MP battery no problem if only I could find a source for used/dead batteries here in the UK. I've found some being offered from sellers on eBay in the US but their shipping cost is too high

At this point I'm not prepared to take apart my existing battery because I depend on my MP790 for daily tasks and if something went wrong with the rebuild.....

Still seeking a supplier or any suggestions
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-05-12 6:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

GEM is always selling batteries on eBay, and he has a 30 day guarantee and ships worldwide. Checkout auction 5772198257.

Rich
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-12 1:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah thanks Rich, I've looked at them before but their shipping charges seem a bit high (more than the cost of the battery itself!)

I've scoured the net and found a company called Global Village selling the 790 batts;

http://www.globalvillage.net/shop/Batteries-PDAs126.html

If I order two of these the shipping is reasonable.

Any one ever had any experience with this company?
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-12 2:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry, I've just seen this thread which seems to answer all my questions;

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=163&start=1

Thanks to all that replied.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 11 - Executed queries : 61