x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dennis
Dennis Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 8:55 PM
#
Hello, I'm new here and couldn't find any answers to a few questions I have.

First I would like to know if I can use my bluetooth connection to print on my HP Photosmart 7700 even though it isn't a bluetooth printer?

Second. Is there a way that I can browse my "Bluetooth exchange folder" with my PDA? I can do it with my Cell Phone to PC, but I can't figure out how to go either PDA to PC or PC to PDA.

Third. Is there an SD slot WIFI antenna that can be either made or purchased? I have a hard time getting some WIFI spots sometimes... What is your method?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-05-11 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Your kinda in the wrong location here.
It seems like you have a PocketPC, and not a HPC.
However, before I send you to www.pocketpcthoughts.com to figure it out, as an ex PocketPC user, I'll give you some hints.

Your HP device should have come with a cd, and most likely it has a printer program on it. That needs to be installed to be able to print.

it will enable you to print when synced through activesync.

You can not print directly to your printer without having a connection to it, and over bluetooth you will have to have a bluetooth connection to the computer that the printer is connected to.
then if you sync over bluetooth to your computer you should be able to print.

Just a note, from experience, I would rather suggest walking the 10 feet of the range of bluetooth instead of trying to print with it. It's rather slow over bluetooth, and even if you do not have 4 limbs to use for movement, I can guarantee you that it is still faster to cross the distance then to use the bluetooth connection.

2 There are some utilities that allow you to share files with a PC on your device, and I would recommend looking on www.pocketgear.com for them.

3, Sandisk makes sd wifi cards, and they even offer ones that have combined memory and wifi in 1, so you have both.

ok.
for PocketPC I would send you off to the forums of www.pocketpcthoughts.com. They handle everything you can imagine dedicated to pocketpc's. People there are usualy helpfull and friendly as well.

for software (or information about software) your best bet is www.pocketgear.com, and use the search on the site there.

Goodluck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9