x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ARMedslack on the Netbook Pro

drmozes
drmozes Page Icon Posted 2008-04-19 10:21 AM
#
Hello!

I maintain ARMedslack and I have one of the developer versions of the Net Book Pro.

Has anybody tried to get ARMedslack running on the Netbook Pro? I'd love to get mine running ARMedslack (right now it has a Debian ARM installation (the development one Psion were working with) on a mostly failed compact flash) and have it as a supported platform.

I will be looking into:
a- what bootware is required
b- the Kernel patches (ARMedslack only supports Linux 2.6)
c - X patches

If anybody has already any experience with this, I'd appreciate some pointers! :-)

Thanks
Stuart

Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-04-19 11:33 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I would love to get ARMedslack running on my jornada and to see it run on other HPCs. I only have a jornada 728 here running Debian Sarge. so I can't really help you, but I could set up a crosscompiling environment and help you build stuff and maybe code a bit since I know C/Ruby/Python and I'm quite good with Linux since I've been running it for years.
 Top of the page
salmonito Page Icon Posted 2008-04-19 7:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hmm interesting...
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-04-23 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Why not save time and install jlimes jornada7xx or mobilepro9xx userland. They are up to date and offer many prebuilt packages. All you need is working 2.6 kernel and bootloader for netbook pro and you're off and running (with some minor changes, keymap for example).

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10