x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

thecompactedition Page Icon Posted 2008-04-26 7:56 PM
#
Avatar image of thecompactedition
H/PC Newbie

Hi all! I want to know how I can get my scroll wheel on my mouse (the original HP handheld pc mouse in fact) to work with a pdf reader on my handheld pc (Jornada 820e) with Windows CE 3.0.. It scrolls very slow, and then it's just one line at a time, when I have to press either the arrow down on the scrollbar or on the keyboard.

Aren't there any other PDF progs than Primer pdf that work with Jornada 820. And do I have to hack my registry to change somehow the settings, or the software, so that it will work?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-26 8:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

doesn't using pgup/pgdown key combination work?
 Top of the page
thecompactedition Page Icon Posted 2008-04-27 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, but then I have to press the Alt key with my left hand, and then the page down key with my right hand! Or use an awkward hand position to scroll one page at a time with either hand. I could use my mouse to press down, yes, but that's why I wrote cause it's not easy on a so small screeen, and the it has such a loud click sound that I don't like. So, if anyone has a good solution that's fine, otherwise I think I will sell these (2) soon.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-27 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well primer is your only option really or maybe the ce2.11 version of cenet pdf viewer but that isnt so great

buy a ce3 or newer device, adobe can scroll a lot more nicely
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2008-04-28 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

thecompactedition - 2008-04-26 7:56 PM

Hi all! I want to know how I can get my scroll wheel on my mouse (the original HP handheld pc mouse in fact) to work with a pdf reader on my handheld pc (Jornada 820e) with Windows CE 3.0.. It scrolls very slow, and then it's just one line at a time, when I have to press either the arrow down on the scrollbar or on the keyboard.

compactedition

Please go to Settings>Control Panal>Keyboard and put a checkmark next to 'Enable Character Repeat'.

Now by holding your up or down arrow key, you can quickly scroll your page using Primer PDF Reader.
 Top of the page
thecompactedition Page Icon Posted 2008-04-28 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you! I will try that. However both of my batteries aren't working, so I will try that when I get my new replacement batteries.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.185 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9