x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Totally new to HPC 2000, does any Wifi card work?

ramablama Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 12:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

This is my very first post. I went through old wifi posts but I don't think I found one that fits this.

So at this point I'm used to everything being automated in XP, and when even a generic driver will work for a device. I have a NEC Mobile Pro 790 that I just got, and I bought a gigafast WF721-AEX wireless (B) pcmcia card, and plugged it in, and nothing. Is a dialog box supposed to pop up about adding the device or anything? It runs windows ce 3.0. Any suggestions or pointers to the right way would surely help. Thanks!
 Top of the page
longboarder543
longboarder543 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 1:06 AM
#
You're going to have to install the driver for that card. I'm new at this myself, but I found the driver for my wifi card, and it works great. Try the hardware compatibility list on this site. Click on hardware at the top of this page, then look for the "HCL". It helps if you know what chipset your wifi card uses. For example, my card was a no name pcmcia, but I did a google search on the model number and found that it used the intersil prism driver. So I found the generic intersil driver, installed the CAB file, and all was well. Hope this helps, Nathan
 Top of the page
Niteman1969 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 2:15 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

According to my list the wf721-aex comes in 3 different flavours

WF721-AEX A* which is a 16 bit card with an Amtel Chipset

WF721-AEX R* which is a 16 bit card with a Realtek 8180 chipset.

WF721-AEX T* which is a 32-bit cardbus card with a texas instruments chipset
as it is a 32 bit card it will never work in your hpc.

Regards

Niteman1969
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10