x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

John25
John25 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 1:41 PM
#
Hi All,

I am a new and happy owner of Intermec 6651. Very interesting piece of comp. But I am new here and have 2 problems to start with.
1. After reset I have lost a pen adjestment possibility at Control Panel Settings. The pen is useless now. How to manage?

2. I want to connect it to internet. I need a ethernet card PCMCIA and the drivers, right? What more do I need , which card works, where to find drivers?

3. If I copy a file from PCMCIA to My Docs. How to move it to /windows. Shall I use a PC to move files around or install them?

Regards,
John
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 2:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi,

1) If I follow you, you can get into the stylus configuration by pressing the Windows Key + the Minus key

2) http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=10
What OS is the Intermec Using, H/PC Pro or HPC2000?

3) Use My Handheld PC or ActiveSync http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=7
 Top of the page
John24
John24 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 3:47 PM
#
Thanks a lot. But I have still problem. As I said I have restarted using the right button, not the button on the bottom. Result, the pen doesnt work, I cannot adjust it, the icon is gone, the short keys on the right of th screen are not working either. HELP, Regards
 Top of the page
John25
John25 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 4:21 PM
#
Hi, I am still a guest so i dont have any permanet name, as you se onece I am 25 , than 24 yrs old. Ok. I only wantd to add that the combination windows and minus does not open the pen window but the connection window, anyhow at my Intermec. Rgrds, John 25
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 4:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As I am not familiar with the device I do not know the 'right button'.

I gave you the wrong key combination, I should have said Windows Key + =
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 5:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OK, I think I know your problem. You're talking about the reset buttons on the bottom of the Intermec right?

You cannot permantly 'lose' the stylus applet in the control panel. A hard reset (yes, the FULL RESET button on the bottom) should solve the problem. Just be aware that using this button (whilst holding down the 'On' key will wipe all your data and return the Intermec to its default factory settings.

Make sure you have a verified backup of any files you may have stored on the device before using that button.

A good alternative to using the stylus is an external USB mouse which will replace the stylus as a pointer.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 5:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry, I made a mistake in my last post. You need to push in both reset buttons on the bottom of the Intermec AT THE SAME TIME to perform a hard reset.
 Top of the page
John 25
John 25 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 5:42 PM
#
Hi All,

Thanks a lot. In the mean time I have played with my 6651 (I have received it today). Combination windows and = works. I have adjusted the pen. I didn't check if the "pen adjustment icon" is in settings. I have a USB mini mouse. It is very helpful. Is it possible to install handwriting recognition to 6651. Is it screen enough exact to recognise the handwriting??? Any experience? I will work on ethernet connection tomorrow. I am sure i am going to need yr. help. PS. I will not do any hard rest now. Next time.Rgds, John
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 5:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The best hw recongintion software for CE:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=85
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9