x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Recreating relocations in dumped DLLs

Cobra
Cobra Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 5:48 AM
#
Hi!

I would like to reproduce missing relocations in some dll files from dumped ROM (CE .NET 4.2). I tried to use tutorial Cmonex, but without success. I have some questions about the relocation process.

In this tutorial, unfortunately the tool dumpCEfix is missing. Does anyone could attach it to this post? I am a novice in these matters, but I would like to learn how to recreating relocations and this tool will be very helpful, I think.

The second thing is how to insert relocated dll to folder out\modules created by xipport. The files (and modules) extracted from xip.bin are compressed in out\modules, but dumped dll is not. I do not know method, how these modules are compressed. It's a CAB compression?

Please help.

Edited by Cobra 2008-05-11 6:01 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah, i never had the time to fix a bug in dumpcefix so it wasn't released. it wasn't written by me so i'd rather just rewrite it from scratch and planning to do so. but until then, if you really need this stuff, give me your email address (no PM!).

xipport does not uncompress things, my tutorial says so. when I get the time I'll do a small app thing that'll do compression for you at will

the compression used is exported by cecompress4.dll (or 3, if you have cenet 4.1 / 4.0 / 3.0), included in romtools package

what device is this for BTW?

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-11 3:48 PM
 Top of the page
Cobra
Cobra Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 3:36 AM
#
If I say that the name of the model ends with SLC, the device have a 8.4 inch screen and it was produced in Switzerland, you will probably already know about what hardware I mean. Excuse me for mysterious answer, but I would like to avoid requests for access to this image. I would like to update this software in some way, add new tools etc., but I need to repair missing relocations first.

My e-mail is ccobretti (-at-) gmail (-dot-) com

I will be grateful for help (and winCEfix tool).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 9:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol, yes, I have a similar one just not C but 4, and probably have what you have too

have emailed you now

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-12 9:21 AM
 Top of the page
Cobra Alter Ego
Cobra Alter Ego Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 4:48 PM
#
Something happend with my account. I can't log in.

Could you send e-mail one more time? I didn't receive anything from you.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 7:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK.. I'll resend it

edit: done

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-12 7:48 PM
 Top of the page
Cobra
Cobra Page Icon Posted 2008-05-13 12:13 PM
#
Ok, I've got it. :] I'm curious what you think about replacing ddk with better version. :]
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-13 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ddi, where did you get the better version?

to just test if it works, you can just copy the new ddi dll into \windows and soft reset.

if it does, then yes, you better make it a module and put it in rom.
 Top of the page
Cobra
Cobra Page Icon Posted 2008-05-13 3:57 PM
#
I created new ddi by myself. DLL doesn't work yet, only enabling card and grey screen appears after checkerboard. I think there is some dependencies with coredll.dll.

Did you receive e-mail from me today?

Edited by Cobra 2008-05-13 4:02 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-13 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yep, reply sent now
 Top of the page
q282 Page Icon Posted 2008-07-04 1:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Dear cmonex!
I'd appretiate if you send dumpcefix tool to me too. My e-mail address is q282 at mail dot ru. Thank you in advance!
Serg
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-04 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

please email me at contactchan at freemail.hu and detail what you need it for. it might be or might not be what you are looking for, depends on your goals.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9