x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

no display, any HP Support needed?

ignatius Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 11:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

all of a sudden, my hp690 just went berserk and the display chose not to show up. But the back light still turns on when I switch it on.

Anyone can advise? If I need to send it for repair, who can I go too?

Am going to try sync my precious data with my pc (blindly) before doing a hard-reset.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-05-13 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

for ppc's there are programs like dotpocket pocket pc remote, that allow you to access the screen of your ppc in a window on your pc, I dont know ifn they exist for hpcs though.

the other members should know, I'm a little too new on hpc's yet/.

if not, google for it, and maybe they got wince versions as well.
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 1:38 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If your backlight still works then there is a *slight* chance that all is not lost with your screen. It may well be that part of the screen cable is not making a good enough connection.

I'm not sure that HP will offer repairs on your 690 but you can always try and give them a ring and see what they say. If you're confident with taking apart small electronic devices you could try and take it apart and check the cable yourself - there are many people on these forums who will offer help if you have problems.

Alternatively, if HP say they can't help and you're not confident about taking it apart yourself, you could always try contacting a few laptop/handheld repair centres to see if they can help. I used to to work for an authorised Toshiba laptop repair centre and they would often welcome callers dropping in with their laptops/handheld for repairs. This may not be cheap though and if the cable needs to be replaced, spare parts may be a problem.

Good luck!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10