x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Keyboard Macro Program for 2.11

skooter1121 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-19 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm looking for a keyboard macro program that I can use for Pocket word formatting on my Sharp PV-6000 CE 2.11

I'm planning to write my first screenplay and would like to format the text somewhat correctly.

Tried to create templates in Word on the PC but the keyboard commands did not carry over to pocket word.

I'd need something that would control more than the WIN key, (I've found a couple of those already.)

Any suggestions?

THANX
-Skooter1121
 Top of the page
vnomad Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 4:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I have been using Artskey for this. It's primarily intended for switching to 'foreign' keyboard layouts and charactersets, but the macro capabilities included are quite flexible and powerful. It's a simple matter of editing the .ini file to bind any macros to any key combinations.

http://www.artsoft.ru/eng/artskppc.htm

Good luck writing!
 Top of the page
skooter1121 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanx vnomad for the info.

I have already looked at ArtsKey, but I already run Calligrapher which has a keyboard and handwriting recog. Plus I have no need for additional languages. Seems like for my purposes the program has limited formatting features.

I'd like something that could for example use Fn+S to:

[Ctrl+E]+[Ctrl+B]+[Ctrl+I]+ typeSTEVE+[Ctrl+Q]+RETURN+Ctrl+L]+[Ctrl+M]

"Align Center,bold,italics,STEVE,remove formatting,new line,left align,indent"

This gives me the Char Name in the center, and formats the next line for dialogue.

Any other suggestions?

-STEVE- Skooter1121

Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2008-05-21 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Private message sent.
 Top of the page
skooter1121 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-22 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Richard for your list.

Unfortunately I've also tried those programs but they seemed to be designed to paste boilerplate text only, and would not support and command, ALT, Fn, Ctrl, key combinations.

Any other suggestions?
 Top of the page
vnomad Page Icon Posted 2008-05-23 7:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Have you looked at bUseful bscript?
This is what I'm using to automate keystroke combinations witl Alt and Ctrl etc. Not sure if they are still around. Their backup utility has saved my rear numbers of times!

Still, I'm not convinced that Artskey can not take keycodes for non-alphanumeric keys in the .ini file. That would be a much more elegant solution.
Have you talked to the developers? They certainly have the skills to implement what you are looking for- you just have to offer a reason for them to do so
 Top of the page
JulioAngelOrtiz Page Icon Posted 2008-05-31 12:24 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I humbly present my app, M3cro:

http://julioangelortiz.net/?p=381

Sounds like it might be up your alley.
 Top of the page
vnomad Page Icon Posted 2008-06-01 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Got it! Nice and friendly unobtrusive utility you made there.

And thanks a lot also for making it FREE!

This makes it easy to enter keystroke combinations such as Alt-x, Ctr-y, Shift-z, and stufff.

Since it writes directly to the Registry at times, I suppose 'uninstalling' involves resetting these entries to BLANK using M3cro?

I might have some more questiongs later, just wanted to say thanks for now

Top of the page
JulioAngelOrtiz Page Icon Posted 2008-06-01 8:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

No problem. I'm very glad it's what you're looking for. In fact, the original post that made me finally put M3cro out as freeware.

Actually, I never did write an uninstall to remove registry entries already created. I don't even know how to do that. If I ever put out a 1.2 /1.5 release, I'll a "nuke" option to delete the keys.

Edited by JulioAngelOrtiz 2008-06-01 8:37 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 29