x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB thumb drives/MP 800

stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2008-05-24 6:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have the Clik! driver on my 800. When I reformat any thumb drive I get 38.3 megs after the format. This even checks out on the XP box.

My question; is Clik limited to 38 megs and anyone got a clue how to get my drives reformatted to the original size?

Edited by stftclmshell 2008-05-24 6:05 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 1:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I can tell you it's not limited to 38 MB - I've read much larger USB drives (including a 40 GB hard drive) with the Clik! driver without problems on my 800.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you formatting the thumb drives on your PC or on the 800?
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 10:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

On the 800.
The drives won't," mount" unless I format them with the CLIK! tools.
I tried to reformat on the PC, I can format to multiple file systems, only at 38.3 meg size.

Once I format with CLIK! and reset the drives are accessible on both PC and 800.
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 11:10 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Never mind!
I plugged the 3 drives into an XP box and ran "PARTITION COMMANDER", deleted the 38.3 mg partitions, reformatted as FAT, all better.

What I changed? I was using a USB hub on the 800 with a mouse, card reader and the thumb drives all connected at the same time. I just tried without the hub and everything was normal.

Go figure?

You know, it's a crying shame we don't have a web browser for these units. I could do 90% of my normal 'puter needs with this little 800, if I could use it for the web.
It is the best Hpc I've owned as far as sync, network shares and network printing etc.

Edited by stftclmshell 2008-05-25 11:16 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-05-25 5:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's why I also got an 880 and upgraded it with the 790 ROM. PIE 4 is far from perfect, but it is much better IMO than PIE 3, and will suit my needs most of the time. (Now, if we can just restore USB functionality to the "890." )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 20 - Executed queries : 52