x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Remote Desktop Connection Bar

DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-26 2:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

When using a CENet 4.2 device to WIFI connect to an XP pro machine thru Remote Desktop a wide connection tab bar appears at the top center of the screen.

It apparently contains hree functions :

1. an X button to disconnect
2. an underline to minimize the xp desktop and display the local CENet 4.2 desktop
and
3. an acorn(?) button to turnoff(?)/hide(?) the connection bar itself.

How do I restore the connection bar after clicking the acorn button?

Thanks, Don
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-05-26 3:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Drag the stylus up to the top of the screen / move the mouse up there and it will fold down again.
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-26 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2008-05-26 4:11 PM

Drag the stylus up to the top of the screen / move the mouse up there and it will fold down again.

Thank you, that helps. The thing that looks like an acorn changes to something that looks like a horizontal push pin. What are the icons really supposed to represent and how can they be interpreted to make some kind of sense?

Another quick question :

In the RDP options, I can check a box for drives, so that, supposedly, I can access local drives from the xp desktop. I expected to see something in MY Computer, but not so. How can I cross access files between the two machines?

Thanks, Don

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-05-26 5:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is a push pin (as in pin here), minimise/restore and close RDP.

I'm too tired to go into the ins and outs of the file linking right now, I am sure that someone else will in my absence.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 5:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

the disk sharing feature doesn't work on the 900c

TFGBD got it working on the emulator using PB files, we haven't had time to play on a real cenet device
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 6:48 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2008-05-27 6:51 AM

the disk sharing feature doesn't work on the 900c

TFGBD got it working on the emulator using PB files, we haven't had time to play on a real cenet device

I'm trying it on a Netbook Pro. How would I know if it worked or started to work?

Thanks, Don

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 8:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

windows explorer on the remote host will show remote drive(s) and will allow you to enter them. doesn't allow you on 900c (displays though)..
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 9:44 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2008-05-27 9:44 AM

windows explorer on the remote host will show remote drive(s) and will allow you to enter them. doesn't allow you on 900c (displays though)..

I can't even get this far.

On the Netbook Pro, in the RDP option setup, I check only drives, and get the drive access warning.

Then I have two choices of focus. I can either use the Netbook Pro to display the xp desktop and all of its functions, or I can minimize the xp desktop display on the Netbook Pro and see the local NBP deskop and its functions. In neither case does the Windows Explorer show anything related to the other computer.

Subject to trial, I have been assuming that going to the xp keyboard and signing in will disconnect the systems. Is this wrong, and are you saying that the xp keyboard CAN access something from the NBP?

Is some other setup action required?

Thanks, Don

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 12:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well then i guess it's broken on netbook pro even more than on 900c..

with the 900c, you can see the remote drive of "MobilePro" (or similar) in windows explorer on the rdp server, using 900c of course (if you had to go to the PC that'd make no sense, now would it?)

it shows up at the top level where you see drive C:, D: etc too.

but I can't access anything when trying to click on the drive, just get an error

Edited by cmonex 2008-05-27 12:06 PM
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2008-05-27 1:05 PM

well then i guess it's broken on netbook pro even more than on 900c..

with the 900c, you can see the remote drive of "MobilePro" (or similar) in windows explorer on the rdp server, using 900c of course (if you had to go to the PC that'd make no sense, now would it?)

it shows up at the top level where you see drive C:, D: etc too.

but I can't access anything when trying to click on the drive, just get an error

Thanks. Actually, going to the PC would be fine if it allowed me to transfer files to and from the CF card in the 900c/whatever without physically transferring it.

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2009-01-07 5:21 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

WTF do you mean by acorn? Does he mean the pushpin?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-08 1:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

TFGBD - 2009-01-07 11:21 AM

WTF do you mean by acorn? Does he mean the pushpin?

I think so..

BTW, my reply is a bit late, but if you just want to do file transfer, you can access your PC's file shares from the 900c just fine using totalcommander CE for example (it works in other file managers too but this is what I prefer - you can easily set it up in the \\LAN "folder" in totalcmd). you do not need RDP for this simple purpose.

Edited by cmonex 2009-01-08 1:34 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.183 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10