x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Thinking About Linux For The Jornada 728.

HPCGadget Page Icon Posted 2008-05-31 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have just purchased a 728 on Ebay. I am debating whether or not to got to Linux. I have a few questions.

First, can you install the Linux OS on a 728 without a Linux desktop? Can the 728 be synced with Windows Vista and Outlook?

Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-31 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Short answer... no and no.

First you'd need at least a live linux cd, like puppy linux, damn small linux etc etc in order to do the installation.

It might be possible to sync with vista/xp but i havent heard of anybody doing so.

Think of linux on jornada as this:
What you gain: Modern OS and applications, great web browsers (firefox/minimo), onboard compilers and development tools, no payware/shareware/trialware.
What you lose: Sync ability and 'true' suspend. (and no sound if you use 2.6 kernel)

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-05-31 2:04 PM
 Top of the page
HPCGadget Page Icon Posted 2008-05-31 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know Linux is open source. Is it possible to buy a compact flash with Jlime on it? Not the actual Jlime operating system of course. Is anyone doing that?

Top of the page
JoshAlbeck Page Icon Posted 2008-06-02 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I don't think anyone sells CFs with jlime preinstalled on them. But installing jlime is quite easy. If you need help feel free to PM me or add me on aim/yim/msn!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10