x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Handheld PC SHARP Telios with Hc-AJ2 and a windows CE 2.11 japanese convert to windows95

w_nu50 Page Icon Posted 2008-06-01 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

i have here a Handheld PC SHARP Telios with Hc-AJ2 and a windows CE 2.11 japanese. My problem is that i want to convert my HPC into a windows 95 or windows 98 or ME because i cannot understand a japanese language, i'm more on english side. This unit is only a gift for me of my japanese friend. Is there any workaround to convert that into a windows95 or 98 or ME? is it possible?. I'm basically less knowledge in Handheld pc. I hope you can give me some tips and idea how to install a windows95 or 98 or ME in my HPC.

I'm very thankfull if you can help me.

(Sharp-Telios-HC-AJ2_634.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Sharp-Telios-HC-AJ2_634.jpg (29KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-06-01 1:02 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I'm sorry: the language can't be changed, and Windows 95 and above can not be installed.

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-06-01 5:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You need to understand the difference between the Handheld PC and the desktop PC:

1) Handheld PCs have the OS on a ROM chip - it can't just be erased and replaced with a different OS of your choosing.

2) Handheld PCs run on various types of processors not used for PCs. Your Telios, for example, has a MIPS processor. Desktop versions of Windows will only run on x86 processors (eg, Intel Pentium).

The only way you can even try to run Windows 95 on it would be to use an emulator like BOCHS - and it's unlikely to be worth it because, even if you get it to work, it'll run painfully slowly. If you want to run DOS applications on it, though, you'll have better luck with that - PocketDOS is a DOS 6.22 emulator for Windows CE that will run lots of DOS programs:

http://www.pocketdos.com/

Edited by CE Geek 2008-06-01 5:29 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 16 - Executed queries : 55