x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

need help battery died on my used vadem clio c-1000 cell battery

HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-06-05 2:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello to whom it may conern i just got my first vadem clio c-1000 model from ebay. i was anxious to play with the machine when i got it and i plugged it in and gave it a full charged and the next morning i turned it on and the screen said vadem and it went blanked out quick and it was working fine for alittle bit until they said need the main battery to be changed. i was looking all over the main battery in the unit couldn't find it and i tried to open the back not much room to open it. i saw this gold round thing with white paper on top of it and don't know if thats the cell battery. i didn't want to remove it unit i get some answer on it. where else can i get some new batteries for vadem clio i've been searching online like 2 days no word and i know this is old type thanx i appreciate it .
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-06-05 6:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like you removed the entire bottom cover - and it sounds like what you were looking at was the backup battery. Don't remove that - the Clio's backup battery is rechargeable, unlike the coin cells used for backup batteries in most H/PCs.

The main battery pack is behind a small cover on the same end of the bottom as the display hinge. It is possible to replace the cells inside the battery, but you have to know what you're doing if you want to try it. The pack uses 18650 cells, which are easy to find online.
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-06-09 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi thanx for responding back how do i remove the backup battery on the vadem clio c-1000. man i've been trying that for last couple days ago and couldn't remove it myself. i try to take off the back panel of the cover and got some funky screws on the back. do i have to take it to the computer store and have them do it since they have the right tools or i can do that myself. thnx.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-06-09 3:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As I said above, you don't want to remove the backup battery, since it's rechargeable - unless you've determined by testing it with a voltmeter that it won't hold a charge. For this reason, removing the Clio's backup battery is not strictly a do-it-yourself job. I've never done it personally on my Clios - maybe someone else here has.

Again, though, it sounds like you're trying to find the main battery, not the backup battery. Did you check where I described in my previous post? (I'm beginning to wonder if there's even a main battery there. It's dark gray and about nine inches long and cylindrical.)

Edited by CE Geek 2008-06-09 3:28 PM
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-06-10 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

yeah i got that out is this the number for it 93-00057 and it said 1st test date is 8/23/01 on the cylinder battery is that mean i got to replace it not the coin cell one since its might be still good and how long the coin cell battery use to last thanx.

Edited by HHuey21687 2008-06-10 4:14 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-06-10 5:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, let me put it this way: I've never had to replace the backup battery in my Clios.
 Top of the page
HHuey21687 Page Icon Posted 2008-06-13 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

wow then how long you have your vadem clio c-1000 then without replacing the coin cell batteries and does anybody now where i can get an extra lithium rechargeable battery for the vadem clio c-1000 plse help. it dyed out and can't play wit it any more until its replaced thx
 Top of the page
kroxen
kroxen Page Icon Posted 2008-08-28 9:52 AM
#
Hi
I’m just about to buy a vadem clio or sharp trio on ebay because it seems perfect for my needs

But and this is a big but, because they are old machines I will need a new battery

These don’t seem to be available to buy but I am willing to rebuild from the cells
Could anyone instruct me on how to do this?

Much appreciated
Kroxen
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12