x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can the WM or PPC shell be made to run on top of CE?

1 2
stefcuch Page Icon Posted 2008-08-01 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

If you would like I can do a small how to on your basic shell not Expod EpodXP etc. but just add a few files, hack the reg a bit then reboot...

Just let me know. By the way I am not an expert by any means but did it that way because I have all my apps and reg settings running just fine under TopMenu and wanted to change as little as poss when switching over. Even now by re-editing one entry in the init reg key I can reboot back to Casio Topmenu, and again back to CE Shell.

Just let me know and I'll write it up.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-01 1:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

stefcuch: sure, make a write up, it will be useful i'm sure. but, please make a thread on that in offtopic forum or in HPC2000 forum (http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=34), because this certainly doesn't belong in this one in ce.net section
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-08-04 4:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

About CE Shell on WM - i've done something - CE .net 4.2 shell was working on WM2003 and 2003SE, but it was running only with shell32 on top, and crashing on any file explorer window....

Here are screenshots I made when I was working with that (iPaq 3850, WM2003)

and here my friend shots from dell axim x50v @ wm2k3SE

I hope that I used wrong aygshell (run window is fullscreen - i had the same issue on nec 900c with wrong aygshell)

The worst thing is that if explorer is set as shell, without running wm's shell32 - it crashes And i never got it running under wm5/6

I hope the problem is with WM core OR with IE - AFAIK CE Shell is integrated with IE/PocketIE - am I right?

Currently i'm going to make impossible - i'm working with friend to make WinCE rom for iPaq 3850...

Edited by kitor 2008-08-04 4:49 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-04 6:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Pretty nice work thus far.

Can you create a Control Panel page (instead of the rolling menu as above) with the usual DLLs/EXEs (ctlpnl.dll, ctlpnl.exe, etc)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-04 9:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

kitor - 2008-08-04 10:44 PM
The worst thing is that if explorer is set as shell, without running wm's shell32 - it crashes And i never got it running under wm5/6

heh and I never had explorer running on any WM -- even after carefully following your instructions

I hope the problem is with WM core OR with IE - AFAIK CE Shell is integrated with IE/PocketIE - am I right?

good question...ask TFGBD on irc irc.freenode.net #hpcdev

Currently i'm going to make impossible - i'm working with friend to make WinCE rom for iPaq 3850...

nice using what programs?
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-08-05 5:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes, CE Control Panel is working on WM, Connection Manager also. Here is it on my Qtek 8500 (running WM6.1 Pro, not MS Smartphone - Normal WM device without touchscreen )

But I hope that it will be better if we (Codename WinCEMod Developers) end this:
http://pdaclub.pl/forum/index.php?topic=53188.msg552322#msg552322

Oh, here is GWES from CE on WM2003 (but only wm2003 - 03se is crashing with it) (of course with WinCEMod - but taskbar is wisbar)

nice using what programs?

I don't know - i'm making theory - which files, registry, etc., my friend is making roms from it

good question...ask TFGBD on irc

My english is too bad to talk on irc but if i have some free time, i'll try

Maybe moderator will cut this thread?

Edited by kitor 2008-08-05 5:42 AM
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-08-05 6:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Cmonex: Could You send me explorer with all dependencies (including coredll, etc.) builded in CE .net 4.2 PB without (!) including IE in project ?

Edited by kitor 2008-08-05 6:48 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-08-05 1:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

without either including PIE or IE CE?
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-08-05 1:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

if it's possible - without any IE (i remember that it was possible under ce5 PB)

i made new explorer package - using files from PB (so aygshell, etc. are in correct version) - but i have no device to test it (waiting for my ipaq). Has anyone got links to wm2003se rom for microsoft device emulator (this emulating arm processor, not x86 one)?

Edited by kitor 2008-08-05 1:57 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-05 4:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Never thought I'd see a Windows Mobile taskbar (the topscreen one) with application buttons. (Didn't even have that on the Palm-size PC's taskbar.)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13