x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

arfdone
arfdone Page Icon Posted 2008-06-28 5:23 PM
#
Hi all just thought I would say hello. I;m new to the HPC scene and just got myself a Viewsonic Airpanel 100 running CE 4.0.
Shoot me down if I've made a mistake but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Thought I could use it as an interface to a carputer that I'm building but I'm new to CE so any advice would be great.
Already finding this a great forum and resource centre so well done to you all.
Regards
Andy
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-06-28 6:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I wouldn't mind an Airpanel myself. I thought it would be cool to have it sitting next to my recliner for the quick email check during commericals...

No one here in their right mind would critisize you for getting it that is for sure... And while it isn't for everyone, because some of us just love keyboards...something like that I could mount right in the middle of my F150's steering wheel and play solitair while driving down the road....NOT!

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-06-28 10:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Will you be wanting to use the "carputer" for GPS navigation (among other things)? There are at least a couple of GPS-enabled navigation-programs that should work nicely in full screen on the Airpanel. (I hope to do this myself with my Airpanel V110 "Smart Display" - but first I have to unlock the core Windows CE OS on it. You don't have that problem on the 100.) Just remember that the Airpanel has an SA-1110 (StrongARM) processor, so you need to use software versions compatible with that processor.
 Top of the page
arfdone
arfdone Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 3:49 PM
#
Thanks for that but how do I unlock it or could it be upgraded to PPc2000
I'm having real problems setting it up I think the Os has been corrupted at some point even the IR port wont work.
Help
Frustrated of UK
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 3:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As I said, you don't have to unlock the OS on your 100 - it runs CE 4 .net out of the box. What do you see when you power the Airpanel on - is it the Windows CE .net desktop?
 Top of the page
arfdone
arfdone Page Icon Posted 2008-07-14 2:29 PM
#
sorry for the late reply.
when i reset the panel it comes up with windows ce.net boot loader v1.6
system is ce.net v4.0 build 708.
I think the previous owner had been playing around with it as some functions wont work such as the ir connectivity and its settings are missing.
I'm having real trouble just connecting the thing to my pc.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11