x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installation help for Jlime on J720

justetina Page Icon Posted 2008-06-30 2:19 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I managed to partition the CF and followed the intructions found here: http://jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=1242

But I am stuck at "Extract the userland." I found this discussion:
http://jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1394

that explained the changes with the kernel and userland in separate files but I am don't know how to "extract" the kernel in the FAT.

I have saved the kernel hp7xx-2.6.25-stable-#6 in my home directoty but don't know how to extract that into the FAT partition.

When I followed the tar command (using -xjvpf instead of -xzvpf as suggested elsewhere), a lot of file or directory was not found. I guess that was because I have not extracted the kernel yet?

Anyway, I apologize for the rambling. I guess a short version of my post is does anyone have updated step-by-step instructions to go along with the change in how the files are downloaded now.

I got to changing the working directory to cf_jlime and am stuck at "extract the userland."

Thanks for any advice!
 Top of the page
justetina Page Icon Posted 2008-06-30 6:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yippee! I got JLime on my J720. Now, I don't know what to do next
Do I leave the CF card in the J720? Do I need the CF card to stay in for JLime to work a la boot from the CF card? Or was the CF card used to transfer the files over to J720 and now can be removed (to be replaced by a larger CF card for storage)?

Not sure if I need to start a different discussion. I already have 3 current ones so a little embarrassed to start another one.. So:
Can I get javascript for the web somehow?

Thanks, All.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-06-30 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes, the cf card needs to stay in the 720. The cf card is basically acting as an IDE hard drive.

Minimo browser (installed by default) can handle javascript just fine.

EDIT: You may want to try the 2.6.19 kernel linked off the download page. It currently is the most stable kernel. The 2.6.2x series all have some weird issues, like breaking suspend, or apm, or not booting at all.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-06-30 10:10 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.144 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 27