x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 690 + Linksys WPC11v3 Wireless Problem

d.a.mcfarlane
d.a.mcfarlane Page Icon Posted 2008-07-01 4:22 PM
#
Hi,

I have been having a look through the site and am not sure where to go next with trying to get this card working on my jornada 690. I have installed the drivers from this site (according to WCF11 Config Utility - Driver version 1.07.29) and set the SSID and the card picks up the routers signal (100% strenth and quality). The state says associated and my routers DHCP client list shows the MAC address of the jornada's NIC.

However... my problem is that the jornada eventually tells me that it is unable to obtain an IP address and I am therefore unable to connect to anything at present. Assigning an IP manually doesn't seem to work either. Is there anything that I may be missing out on that I need to do? I have tried setting the router to 802.11b as well as mixed.

I have no encryption set, so I have left all these settings off.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David
 Top of the page
d.a.mcfarlane
d.a.mcfarlane Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 3:32 PM
#
Given the lack of suggestions would I be right in thinking that this card may well just not work with my 690?

Is there a wifi card that definitely does work with the jornada 690?

Thanks

David
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 3:48 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

IIRC, it works on J690 with CE 2.11 and Jlime. Of course, the browser in Jlime is much more powerful.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 3:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Don't use your passphrase for WEP, use the hex key.
 Top of the page
d.a.mcfarlane
d.a.mcfarlane Page Icon Posted 2008-07-03 4:16 PM
#
Thanks for the replies.

I've now got the card working - i don't know if it was specifically the driver at fault, but i uninstalled it and installed compaq wl100 drivers and it worked like a dream!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-03 4:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12