x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro and 3g Cards

nosmoht Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 5:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

Does anyone know which 3g cards work with the Psoin Netbook Pro?

Would any 16bit Option or Merlin cards be a safe bet? How about drivers though, does CE4.2 have sufficient ones?

A link to a list of compatible cards would be great - I found the list of compatible Wifi cards on here but am having difficulty searching for the keywords "Psion Netbook Pro 3g" - Keep getting http 500 error

Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the sierra aircard 850 (EU version) / 860 (USA version) works.

dunno about option/merlin. if it appears as a standard modem to CE, then it will work. otherwise you need drivers.

the sierra does not show up as a standard modem. uses its own CE.net drivers.

to test, plug in the merlin (or whatever) card, if CE doesn't ask for a driver, we are good. but go to network connections, create new dialup connection, see if it offers it in the list of modems (be sure card is still inserted in).

all I can say is the merlin G201 GPRS card was standard modem when I tried it a while ago.
 Top of the page
nosmoht Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 6:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cheers for the reply

I'll have to have a plug and try session when my nbpro arrives - don't suppose you know of somewhere that hosts a list of the modems that are supported out of the box?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-02 7:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Uh, here?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

Looks to me like you're good to go with the Option card. Of course, we rely on submissions from members who've had success with specific makes and models, so if you try a different model and it works, be sure to submit it on the form linked in the HCL.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Guys,
taken a Sierra AirCard 850 on the web, installed CE Net drivers on my Netbook Pro. It works great, very fast.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sony Ericsson GC8x can also be an option (should function as a standard modem) - be sure to get the proper one for your frequency bands. Sierra Wireless is the only one I know of with specific Windows CE drivers.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9