x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problems using Prism wireless card on Jlime with MP900

M0tah Page Icon Posted 2008-07-04 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,
I'm having a problem trying to use my PCMCIA wireless card, based off the Prism 2.5 chipset, in Jlime on my MobilePro 900.
The card seems to be recognized alright as wifi0 and I'm able to use the wifi configure utility to seemingly make it connect to a network (the link LED stops blinking), but no IP shows up in Torsmo and I'm not able to browse the net or ping any other IPs on the LAN.
PCMCIA and networking seem fine otherwise, as I was able to use a wired LAN card to connect successfully. However, it would be nice to also get wireless working. Does anyone have any tips/tricks? Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-04 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i needed eth0 iirc
 Top of the page
M0tah Page Icon Posted 2008-07-06 9:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hmmm..Well, the wireless card is definitely wifi0 and not eth0 - I can tell by the messages printed to console when I insert the card and by how wifi0 has the same MAC address as the card. Unless I misunderstood your post?
 Top of the page
M0tah Page Icon Posted 2008-07-19 1:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Never mind, I figured it out myself.
For some reason two wireless adapters are installed when I insert the card - wifi0 and wlan0. I always thought that wifi0 was the one I should be configuring since it was what was referenced in the console messages when I inserted the card. However, this was not the case. wlan0 was actually the adapter that needed to be configured. Once I added wlan0 into the network configurator and manually edited the network config file to change the encryption key, wireless worked fine.
 Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-08-02 9:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

prism cards are always wlan0 if they use hostap drivers
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10