x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NetbookPro and TCPMP

Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-07-13 9:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've looked, and I can't find an answer here. What's the ideal resolution for a Divx file so I don't loose any frames?

Edited by Nate the great 2008-07-13 9:06 PM
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2008-07-14 4:12 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

For the Netbook Pro? there isn't any solution on it for DIVX (hmmm maybe a 160x120px movie worke finde ^^)
The problem is, that the netbook pro haven't a good graphicchip... so the graphics are very slooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
besides that, the netbook pro rom has a bug that the sound plays right (cracking)... (in lastest rom)

sorry :/
 Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-07-14 11:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

160x120? No, it will probably be higher than that. Since no one has done it yet, I'll discern the optimal settings and post them.

So far I've tested a a couple DVD resolution movies, with a resolution of 672x496. They played, but 25 frames out of 30fps were dropped. My next step will be to down convert the resolution to about one fourth the original, and see how it plays.
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 3:26 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

i hope you will get a good setting. but like i said... the netbook isnt a multimedia device. it is done for productivity! (and there it does a very good job!)
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 7:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I just got my new Netbook Pro this week-end, after my MobilePro 900c died.
It is not that bad for multimedia when you know the limits... Watching a video is more enjoyable than on any DSTN screen like the NEC 900c.
The Bsquare Maui isn't better than the Netbook for movies either. The only real multimedia HPC is the Sig3, but the Netbook Pro has a much nicer screen than the Sig3...
You can't watch videos in fullscreen on the NB Pro, but a 320x240 video is OK for me anyway.
I made a special HPC Media Player adaptation for the Netbbook Pro, which perfectly suits my needs. See screenshot below:

(pc_capture1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pc_capture1.jpg (71KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 12:35 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ok... thats nice news

but what have you done with the cracking sound in the lastest roms... have you find a fix?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 12:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I was not aware of a sound problem with some ROMs...
My NB Pro has no such trouble. Why don't you just revert to an older ROM ? What benefits do you get from this newer ROM ? BTW, I did not find any link to download NB Pro ROMs: are they still available for download ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003 - 2008-07-15 1:27 PM

I just got my new Netbook Pro this week-end, after my MobilePro 900c died.
It is not that bad for multimedia when you know the limits... Watching a video is more enjoyable than on any DSTN screen like the NEC 900c.
The Bsquare Maui isn't better than the Netbook for movies either. The only real multimedia HPC is the Sig3, but the Netbook Pro has a much nicer screen than the Sig3...
You can't watch videos in fullscreen on the NB Pro, but a 320x240 video is OK for me anyway.
I made a special HPC Media Player adaptation for the Netbbook Pro, which perfectly suits my needs. See screenshot below:

wow hey you got a netbook pro.

how did the 900c die?

P.S: I forgot to reply to your last email wasn't intentional. will reply soon if you're still interested.

Edited by cmonex 2008-07-15 10:43 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-07-16 6:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2008-07-15 4:43 AM
wow hey you got a netbook pro.

how did the 900c die?

P.S: I forgot to reply to your last email wasn't intentional. will reply soon if you're still interested.

Nice to hear from you again, Cmonex: I was afraid that you had left the HPC world and were slowly going to the "dark side of the force" (Windows Mobile and XDA folks) ...
My 900c crashed down the stairs, and didn't really like it...
So, it was a good reason to try something else...
Yes, I am still interested in your reply, thanks ( I'll send you a mail Today).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-16 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

heh, no, I haven't left at all.
but I see you are following xda-devs too, eh?
900c: what bad luck anyway, I'm writing the reply to you right now.
 Top of the page
mying99 Page Icon Posted 2008-07-24 8:19 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I got Netbook pro last weekend too ! But my Sig3 still work,not like your 900c.Just joke.
Using for a few days,I think NBK is betterdoing Bussiness than Sig3 do.Obiously, Sig3 is better palyer ong multimedia,and smaller,lighter too.

Causes my pleasantly surprised is mouse application of NBP.The left key, the right key, the hoop is easy to use, particularly accesses the net the browsing .In this case,NBK is better to Sig3 that can use mouse only two key(left,right,no hoop)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12