x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Web DT 375 Tablet PC

ColdSun
ColdSun Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 1:15 PM
#
Hello,

I have a Web DT 375 Tablet PC. It runs CE 4.2 and has a very nice screen. It uses XSCALE. Does anyone know of a way to use a better web browser on this thing? Perhaps a version of Opera?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-15 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes opera works with some hacks.
 Top of the page
ColdSun
ColdSun Page Icon Posted 2008-07-16 4:44 PM
#
Is there anywhere I could go to figure out how to do that? I've been trying to get Opera working on it with no luck.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-16 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

my site, izemize page on it.
 Top of the page
ColdSun
ColdSun Page Icon Posted 2008-07-16 8:44 PM
#
I installed all 3 opera versions from your site before I posted this, but I'm sure I'm missing something. They all install fine but when I try to run opera it brings up an error message that looks like a bunch of symbols.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-17 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/myopera860trialu2_MSaygshell_fixed.zip is recommended. if it won't run, see if execheck complains about aygshell and/or coredll. if so, I'll dig up the package I made specifically for the dt375.

Edited by cmonex 2008-07-17 12:49 AM
 Top of the page
ColdSun
ColdSun Page Icon Posted 2008-07-17 1:58 AM
#
OK I installed it a couple times, ran it and the first time I didn't copy any of the DLLs in the zip file. Comes up with an error message about opera.dll and the error doesn't say anything except shows a bunch of boxes or symbols. Then I get a fatal application error after I hit ok:

Program: opera.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005
Address: 03F8CB4C

I then tried moving the opera.dll over to the /program files/opera folder, overwriting the one that was installed there. Same error as above happens. Not sure what to do with the cellcore.dll file that is in the optional folder of the zip. What is execheck? Also, thank you so much for your assistance so far.

P.S. The guy at http://www.dt375.com would absolutely love you if we got this working. This is something many dt375 users have been trying to do I guess.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-17 3:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

execheck = Executability Check. You check a program file [.exe, etc] with it to see what DLLs it needs. (cmonex has it on her izemize page as well.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-17 5:19 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

er, I remember I got it working for the guy at dt375.com

many people want this? I will definitely dig up the package and post it.

BTW, I remember there was one small issue that still needed sorting, no worries I have the dt375 here and can test.

you got my interest now,... haven't had any request for the dt375 for a long time.. anyway, I want to mention, another note: I was going to make a custom rom too for the dt375, until I found out I could not try test rom versions without a risk (so far).
if you have a way to use LAN, can you boot into eboot menu (same menu as the one for hard reset), select LAN option (I don't remember the name of the option atm, I can check if you are unsure), and see if your router (assuming you do have a lan network!) can pick up the device and assign an IP via DHCP to it.
this is where I was having a problem and haven't seen another way to flash OS via bootloader menu.
the update utility from OS is useless if you are not sure the new (test) OS you are flashing will boot at all

perhaps I should try and get jtag working then I could test experimental OS images no problem (though jtag is slow.)

Edited by cmonex 2008-07-17 5:24 AM
 Top of the page
ColdSun
ColdSun Page Icon Posted 2008-07-17 10:48 AM
#
There is this whole group of people on Mobileread and Teleread that own DT375s who are ebook folks. Many of them have mentioned if a better working browser was available for it they would use the device much more. I'm really quite impressed with the screen on the device. It is very clear. The device also feels quite solid and good quality. I know for a fact that if you get it working, the David Rothman over at Teleread will post a blog article about it very quickly.

P.S. I'll help any way I can!

Edited by ColdSun 2008-07-17 10:53 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-07-17 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well I never heard of these sites... don't they ever visit hpcfactor?
anyway, give me a day, I'm going home tomorrow and then I'll be able to test the package on the dt375..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11