x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Screen Calibration

JLS Page Icon Posted 2008-07-19 1:32 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

My Hp 720 will not hold its screen calibration. I can do a "stylus calibration" one day and the next day my stylus activation point is a 1/2" off.
Is this a MAJOR problem that will require a hardware fix?
My other HP 720 has been rock-solid for two years!
Thanks,
John
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-19 3:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's a good chance it's a minor problem. The screen cable may be a bit loose, or there may be dust lodged between the display bezel and the edges of the screen. (In the former case, simply closing the 720 and opening it again may throw the calibration off.) The latter can be resolved simply by sliding a business card or something similar along the crevice between the bezel (screen frame) and the edges of the screen under it. Addressing the former is a little more involved: you have to remove the bottom cover of the 720 to see where the cable connects to the motherboard. Try reseating the cable and then make sure the plastic clamp that holds it in place is closed tightly.

Let us know if either of these resolves the problem.
 Top of the page
JLS Page Icon Posted 2008-07-22 9:19 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for reply.
Did the business card trick; not effective. Sounded pretty clever!
Will now try the "removal of bottom" trick. There appears to be 4 teeny
screws; is that all that holds the bottom on?
Seems like I copied a 'dismantling of the HP 720' graphics once upon a
time. Is that info on HpcFactor?
Thanks from Portland OR,
John
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-22 2:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, there's this:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0046.asp

I had a feeling from your description that it would be more likely the screen cable rather than dust, but it never hurts to try the less invasive solution first. Let us know if you need additional guidance removing the bottom cover and/or finding and reseating the screen cable.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-08-20 11:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hopefully it is not the screen cable connectors on the screen side, since it is more tedeous to disassemble. I have yet found a good way to get the "HP" and "728" stickers off without creasing them so they can be reattached without sign of tampering...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12